1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

heading off to college

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Run_Like_Joseph_Did, May 19, 2019.

1. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Run_Like_Joseph_Did Fapstronaut

In the Fall, I'm leaving to a college called New Mexico Tech. It's in a very small and uneventful place called Socorro. I'm going there because it's really affordable as far as college goes. the school is something over 1400 strong and almost almost exclusively male. I know in my head that maybe it would be best for me to be in this environment. I know clearly that I do not deserve and have no right to pour my issues and addiction on another person. But I still feel sad and I could use some help. for guys in college who are lonely, how do you get over it? I'm trying all the standard cookie cutter advice like get a job, go to the gym, get over it, etc. I still get those pangs now and then and I don't know how to stop them.
    I know for absolutely certain that just having a relationship will never make me feel better. I will never feel happy just because their's someone there to dump my problems on. how do I feel happy?

2. Souvent08

Souvent08 Fapstronaut

Hey, it sounds like an awesome new “adventure “ you’re starting. College is great to grow your intellect and to know about the world of ideas. I would recommend joining clubs. There are so many different clubs. It doesn’t have to be related to your studies, just give them a try. That’s how I met many friends in college.

Hros and MadJackMcMad like this.
  3. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

Wow! That's awesome! You're right next to the VLA :emoji_satellite:SETI :emoji_alien: thing from the movie Contact.

My friends from NMT say it's a party school. :emoji_tada: Then again, they all worked at SNL, and got even better jobs coz of that.

Looks like things are going well for you. :emoji_mortar_board: Congratz!

Hros likes this.