1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any questions for Japanese highschooler?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by IMJJHSS, May 15, 2019.

1. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

That's a thing? Sounds lit.

2. IMJJHSS

IMJJHSS New Fapstronaut

Yes. And also, yes. Only few but some of kids who called “tyuuni-byou(中二病)” believes they are special / chosen one / reincarnation of a fallen angel etc... And they are funny as hell :p

3. IMJJHSS

IMJJHSS New Fapstronaut

I don’t think so.
    An era called “就職氷河期 an employment-ice age” from the 1990 through the 2000s was so bad and people who had been hunting jobs then are now in 40s. Also, 40s have the majority of “hikikomori” so I think people who failed to search jobs become “hikikomori.”

And sorry for my poor English.

Fausterity likes this.
  4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_874.jpg

IMJJHSS likes this.
  5. If somebody visits Japan, where should they definitely go during their stay in the country?

6. IMJJHSS

IMJJHSS New Fapstronaut

I live in Kobe so I’m gonna introduce you nice places in Kobe.

1. Night view from Mt. Rokkō
    2. Venus bridge (Mecca for lovers)
    3. Akashi Kaikyō bridge (World’s longest suspension bridge)
    4. Tsuruten (My best Udon & Soba restaurant) sorry I couldn’t paste the link of TripAdvisor. Please search for “Tsuruten Nishi”

And the answer for the question “where should tourists visit” is ...... I have no idea. Maybe Japanese sweets shop? Shintō shrines are also good place to visit.
    Oh! I got some! Sushi restaurant. There are two types of sushi restaurants. “Conveyor belt” sushi restaurant (sushi are rolling like merry-go-round!) and normal (a bit more expensive) sushi restaurant (which we call “Not rolling sushi”)
    I recommend you to go to normal (not rolling) sushi restaurant. Sushi-go-round restaurants are fun enough but normal sushi restaurants, they serve better sushi.

7. People say it's not like how it is in anime. But I beg to differ. I've seen videos of Japan online and its about the same as any other High School Anime, etc... I guess my question. Is it really like Japanese anime or completely different?

8. In slice-of-life anime, the main characters are always going to festivals wearing kimono and yukata, eating grilled squid, buying masks and things like that. Are festivals really that popular in Japan? And what are some of the most popular festivals?

9. Also, who are those people that wear baskets on their heads and play the flute?

10. Marcelo48

Marcelo48 Fapstronaut

Hey, thanks for answering all these questions!

My question is, what are in your opinion the main differences of the high school experience between anime and real life?

11. IMJJHSS

IMJJHSS New Fapstronaut

I don’t watch lots of anime so I can’t tell fully, but it’s not different all in all. (is this word correct?) Of course details are different in each school, but mostly it’s the same. For example, indoor shoes, the layout of the classroom and uniforms. Anything you want to know? Please ask.
    Btw, no “hentai” or “senpai” stuffs in real school (of course!)

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. Hi can we chat

IMJJHSS likes this.
  13. IMJJHSS

IMJJHSS New Fapstronaut

That’s “Natsu-matsuri” which means summer festival. We have Natsu-matsuri every summer mostly at Shinto shrine. About 60% of people wears yukata, and it’s so famous.

“Japan’s best 3 festivals”
    1. Gion festival
    2. Tenjin festival
    3. Kanda festival

14. IMJJHSS

IMJJHSS New Fapstronaut

They are called “Komusō”
    Read Wikipedia for details

15. IMJJHSS

IMJJHSS New Fapstronaut

No “senpai” stuffs, no love story

16. IMJJHSS

IMJJHSS New Fapstronaut

Yes :)
    Where do you live?

Last edited: May 20, 2019

17. I recommend watching the アニメ Shuffle!. Very much High School related and you may enjoy it, but has a slight twist. By the way I am studying Japanese. ひらがな and カタカナ but its hard to memorize all the characters. I also have an app that has endless Kanji but its hard to memorize it all. Do you have any tips for a learner?

IMJJHSS likes this.
  18. IMJJHSS

IMJJHSS New Fapstronaut

Reading picture books written in Japanese may help you to study. Also novels are good too but it’s hard to understand if you can’t read kanji, so I think reading picture books aloud is the best way.

19. Wankeroni

Wankeroni Fapstronaut

1. Are most kids wealthy in Japan compared to Americans.
    2. Is college expensive, would you have to take out a loan to go to university?
    3. What's your favorite car?
    4. Do Japanese live with parents until they're grown adults?

20. IMJJHSS

IMJJHSS New Fapstronaut

1. I think so. (I don’t know about American kids so i’m Not sure)
    2. Yes. 1 out of 2.6 people took out a loan from Japan Student Services Organization.
    3. 406 coupe, Land Cruiser ZX and Jeep Wrangler.
    4. Mostly. But 40% of university students are living alone.

Wankeroni likes this.