1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Strong urge to solve my problem

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Pepa, May 23, 2019.

1. Pepa

Pepa Fapstronaut

Hi guys,
    I have a problem, nothing is interesting for me, I tried some works, some hobbies and I didnt see there some mission, or vision or interest for me.
    My whole free time I read books take some courses. It takes me a lot of time, money and solution is not here.
    I still try to solve it, there is a lot of stress, but I MUST to solve it. Mayby I am addicted to personal development, to solve this problem...addicted to find solution to feel better, to be OK with my work, hobbies, with my life. It looks like my life has no meaning,it is boring,stressfull,without some vison...very sad...
    And that is the reason I try and try and try to solve it...I visited a lot of therapist, psychologist, esoterics,etc...and without results...
    Maybe it should be good to letting go of this searching...and it is problematic to let go of it...because I am in permanently stress, without meaning of life...and that is the reason I try and try to find some solution to solve it...and it is problematic or very very difficult to let go, to give up of searching for solutions :-(
    Thanks for your advice

2. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

You're too much in your head stressing over what you like instead of doing stuff that makes you lose track of time (state of flow).

Any activity that brings you in a state of flow is a meaningful activity for you. May not yet be your life's calling yet, but it's a start.

Weirdly enough, I lose myself when writing replies to other people's problems here; I may be wrong sometimes and I am happy to be corrected and to learn, but sometimes I think I am right, because it seems to have worked fine on me. Is it my mission? Not sure. I'm thinking of taking questions from what you guys write here and assemble them and their answers into a group of blog posts on a separate website, maybe it will help others find the information easier. Could this become my mission? Probably.

I have other hobbies and frustrations, but one never knows what to do if they're stuck too much in their head. :)

3. Lee741258963

Lee741258963 Fapstronaut

@Pepa I definitely believe when you feel bad like how you felt when you wrote your post above, you would do no harm by practicing breathing.
    No doubt your breathing now lol, however you seem to be so focused on "solving this problem" that you might miss the importance of simple things.
    Sure big things like "personal development" are important to focus on, but slowing down and breathing slowly is a good starting point.
    Think of sports, when I go swimming or cycling I think very carefully about breathing, it's not silly to focus a large mind on something so basic.
    I wounder if any of your therapists have mentioned breathing to you and how slow breathing is a good think to think about?

Do you play any musical instruments? Any art? Any sport?
    Maybe do some of that and see what happens

I find it therapeutic to help people with these replies too, not so much a flow state as more that it's easier to give advice that accept it - and I think I know what people on this forum might be going through

(I'm no doctor so don't assume I know what I'm talking about)