1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Waiting Until Marriage For Sex

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Jbg123qb, May 16, 2019.

1. Fightyourlowerself

Fightyourlowerself Fapstronaut

Hi Jbg123qb,

I am a 28-year-old man in a similar situation and my reason for abstaining is also religious and personal - I want it to be special.

The only thing I can add here is that I am not the same as I was at 25 because I have developed more as a person so it doesn’t bother me too much that I am not married yet. I know that if I get married at 30, I will be better person than then I am now.

You also mentioned about comparison. My situation is that all of my closest friends are already married so I have this notion too but the way I see it is that each person has their own journey.

I also have access to someone who deals with marriage break ups etc and he says that one of the main skills needed in a marriage is patience so I have been trying to develop in myself personally.

So, I wouldn’t worry about this too much at 25. Besides, you never know you might find the best person for you sooner than you think!

P.S I will pray that you find the best spouse for you who brings out the best in you soon.

2. Jbg123qb

Jbg123qb Fapstronaut

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry for just now seeing it.
    I agree with what you said - especially the parts about working to constantly improve upon yourself. I am personally working on being content right now - especially in the stage of life that I am. I am trying to enjoy it and reframe my mindset to where I am not so worried about the future.
    I actually do have a girlfriend right now, so things (marriage) could happen sooner than I am even hypothetically speaking about.
    It is especially nice to know there are others out there who are going through the same struggles and yet are remaining true to their faith and themselves.

3. Jbg123qb

Jbg123qb Fapstronaut

I want to encourage you to keep on the path that you are on. For me, it's one of the most special parts of yourself that you can give. Don't let it become meaningless...especially since you can't take it back. I, too, have a girlfriend right now and it is very easy to slip down that road of doing something too quick. I know. A lot of people and our current culture today wouldn't see any harm in it and probably think me a prude for abstaining until marriage. The way I've seen it, I've made it to 25, I can do the right thing that I am personally convicted of. I know it's going to be worth it.

4. Jbg123qb

Jbg123qb Fapstronaut

No, you are certainly not alone. I don't have a PMO addiction, I'm just here to try to find some others who might still struggle all the same with abstinence until marriage. I have found them! :)
    I don't buy into the wearing out physically aspect, personally. Nor have I created some problem through some type of PIED condition.
    For me, I struggle with my girlfriend and the urges, because it could be very easy to do something and blow everything that I have done thus far. But, I think that giving in now to something would be meaningless to just satiate that one desire. I agree that it is more multi-faceted. I want it to be special with someone I love, the only one who I give that part of me to.
    As for me, I am also working on myself and career. It seems we have a lot in common. But I am getting into a place more and more each day where I am finding that I am ready to begin moving on with this next portion of my life which is marriage. I just want to find the right one!

5. ryan23

ryan23 Fapstronaut

You're amazing, dude. Thanks for sharing this and the encouragement. You're spot on about how special and sacred it is.