1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you desire anything with all of your heart?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Reborn_, May 27, 2019.

1. Reborn_

Reborn_ Fapstronaut

Do you desire anything with all of your heart?
    Some of the greatest books of all time (Think and Grow Rich, The Alchemist) say that if you desire something with all of your heart, the universe will help you get it.
    This got me thinking about what I desire with all of my heart...And I realized the answer is nothing.
    There are many things I want: Quitting pmo, a successful career, a perfect girl, muscle gainzzz, strong friendships, and on and on and on.
    But I wouldn't say I desire those things with all of my heart.
    Many people say that the key to happiness and building a perfect life for yourself is desire, but I don't know how to desire.
    Can anyone relate?

llortaton likes this.
  2. Interesting question.

It's been my observation over the years that people say they desire something but their actions don't prove their words.

It's my opinion that many don't really know what they want. They have some sort of vague idea but the specifics have never been clearly defined. So as a consequence they drift from one thing to another without any solid goals.

There are a small number of people that do have a solid well defined goal that they desire to achieve and they work at it with all their heart.

I'm definitely in the later group. I have no solid well defined end goal and here I am feeling like I'm adrift on a small boat in the middle of a raging sea.

It will be interesting to read the other inputs.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  3. I desire with all my heart to have my parents back together, living in harmony although not perfect harmony because that's impossible. I just want them to be together.

4. That’s beautiful. Thanks for sharing that.

I hope it will happen.

llortaton and Deleted Account like this.
  5. Souvent08

Souvent08 Fapstronaut

I really like your question. I also have a hard time identifying what I want with all my heart. It might be vague but a deep connection with somebody would be great. I also want to make a difference in this world. I desire with all my heart to change the world. This is something I've only realized recently and it took me to a place where I realized that in order to change the world I have to change my self. Hence, one of the reasons I am here. To become a better me. I'm working on it. Thank you for reminding my "why"

6. llortaton

llortaton Fapstronaut

My Journal
    HOW DO YOU HAVE SO MANY LIKES WITH ONLY 52 MESSAGES POSTED?

Its probably that cute profile pic. :D :D :D :D

7. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

That's the same thing written in The Book, Secret. It says the law of attraction and positive thinking will help you get what you want. The whole universe will help you do it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. overclocked

overclocked Fapstronaut

Yes, I do. I cannot recommend wasting any time with the law of attraction scene. It seperates you from your true faith (Christianity in my case) and also from everything you want to accomplish. Instead of daydreaming, you need to take action.

9. Self-reliance, self-sufficiency, self-actualisation. I did a permaculture course about 5 years ago and I am hellbent on getting to the point of owning property and meeting as many of my material needs as possible off the land, whilst being self-employed creating electronics solutions for a specific market which I won't share here.
    I basically want to be a hermit... But I'm open to sharing my dream with another if I meet someone with whom I share enough of a worldview that we can create what we want for each other without compromising our individuality. So... hermit seeks chill hermitess for construction of shack, making of art and clothing and tending to land.

Also, I want a billygoat, to be named Baphomet.
    And a border collie.
    And chickens, and a pure source of fresh water.

The above is actually all I want from life. I feel like I'm going to get there too, everything on that list.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. I only desire to be at the eternal wedding feast as the bride of Christ. Because my heart is wicked, it longs after every sin and worldly distraction. I am thankful that God does NOT answer my prayers because they are so selfish and short-sighted.

SolitaryScribe likes this.
  11. llortaton

llortaton Fapstronaut

My Journal
    [​IMG]
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH! THAT BILLYGOAT PART CRACKED ME UP.

12. llortaton

llortaton Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Give me this book, my friend.
    Give me the name of this book.
    I would love to read, because reading not only helps me concentrate, it can also be useful when dealing with urges. Trust me!

I prefer you guys to read The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone.
    upload_2019-5-28_10-35-9.jpeg

13. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

The Secret.

14. llortaton

llortaton Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Oh, so its a secret? You won't give it? :(

JK I know the title is "The secret."

15. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

No i wont tell you boy. Because you already know.

16. Wankeroni

Wankeroni Fapstronaut

Dude these emojis are fucking scary...

overclocked likes this.
  17. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I want to prove myself things can be better, and after recent events, I am deternined to acomplish it.