1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Catholicism,Calvinism,Reformed Theology & Addiction Debate

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

Feel Good Cool Worship or Hymns and Hard Seats?

1. Feel Good Cool Worship?

25.0%
  2. Hymns and Hard Seats?

50.0%
  3. I don't even care!

25.0%
  1. But you can't earn it! So really God just didn't want you if you were not saved. If you think you desire him it doesn't matter because there is no way to know and even if you think you know you can't point to any sacrament as proof you obtained his grace without question.

2. I'm not worried about loosing something I can't prove I have....How does Reformed theology reassure me that my faith is real?

3. No, people God rejects brings Glory to him and his purposes. If you have a desire to serve Jesus its only because God saved you. Many people goto church and have no desire to serve God. They are called the visible church.

need4realchg likes this.
  4. Let me ask you this? would you serve God even if it meant going to hell. Knowing that Gods decision to condemn you is holy and true?

need4realchg likes this.
  5. Asking me if I would implies I have a choice which we determined I dont have.

6. some people have assurance in there heart others do not. It dosent change the decrees of God. You can die terrified of hell commit suicide from the stress and be saved.

7. Then the opposite is true? You can believe and read the Bible and be baptism etc, and go to hell.

need4realchg likes this.
  8. the demonds believe in Jesus

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. the question is, is Jesus your Lord

10. Yup. :)

11. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Calvinism can be really misleading cause y'all quote your reformed preachers then the Bible itself. Theology is important but don't save, Jesus does. I saw christians who called others christians "heretics" cause they don't believe in predestination. I do believe in both predestination and free will, it is a paradox that only God totally knows.

12. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

We are saved by faith alone, but faith without work is dead.

EthanW. and Deleted Account like this.
  13. Hey welcome! I'll put you down as a YES then!

14. Unconditional Election:
    God does not base His election on anything He sees in the individual. He chooses the elect according to the kind intention of His will (Eph. 1:4-8; Rom. 9:11) without any consideration of merit within the individual. Nor does God look into the future to see who would pick Him. Also, as some are elected into salvation, others are not (Rom. 9:15, 21).

15. free will
    [ˌfrē ˈwil]
    NOUN
    1. the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion.

16. In Romans 8:28–30, Paul writes,

We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the first-born among many brethren. And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified.[5]

17. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

Historical facts eh... as in the non-biased historical facts written by all those Mormons, Jehovah witnesses and muslims. Let me one ya up and send you some historical facts that prove Jesus is a myth based on previous pagan gods written by non-biased atheist Richard Dawkins.

https://www.richarddawkins.net/2014...-the-similarity-of-the-horus-and-jesus-myths/

Guess if you're a man of historical facts, this means that you can't possibly believe in the mythical Christ figure. You might have better luck believing in someone like Mohammed (PBUH).

Mr. McMarty likes this.
  18. "Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation. Noah walked with God."

Mr. McMarty likes this.
  19. Mary answered, “I am the Lord’s servant. Let everything you’ve said happen to me.”

She had no free will to reject?

20. we look at that in context he was also a drunk the bible says.