1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Moderating Masturbation

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Jbg123qb, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Jbg123qb

Jbg123qb Fapstronaut

Hey everyone,

I am currently working on improving myself and want to cut back on the amount of masturbation that I normally engage in. To spare a long story, I am just curious if there are any dangers/issues to not having rather frequent ejaculations. I've often heard that "If you don't use it, you lose it"...not sure if that applies more to aged males or if it would be applicable to a 25 year old. I see people on here who go on long streaks and seem to have wet dreams. I have never had one, but I know that is the body's way to naturally deal with how things function. I guess I just want to remain healthy and make sure that cutting back some is going to be safe in the long run.

2. miawcat

miawcat Fapstronaut

I dont think there would be an issue if you reduce the amount of masturbation. I think the phrase "If you don't use it, you lose it" is one of the excuse to masturbate and brings people to addiction.

3. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

The study discussed here is very interesting: https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...nked-by-scientific-study.235333/#post-2084505

"Men who are very sexually active in their twenties and thirties are more likely to develop prostate cancer, especially if they masturbate frequently, according to a study of more than 800 men."
    "Men with prostate cancer were also more likely to masturbate frequently than men in the control group"

Correlation does not necessarily equal causation, so despite the findings of these studies, frequent masturbation in early age might not actually increase the risk of prostate cancer. Frequency of masturbation might have no causal relationship at all with prostate cancer.

I would say that there is no reason to worry about any negative effects of not masturbation. 3 years ago, I managed to do a streak of 142 days of no masturbation (and no sex neither). That didn't give me any negative effects, quite the contrary.

4. Jbg123qb

Jbg123qb Fapstronaut

Did you have wet dreams instead? I am a virgin at the moment, so I don't have sex as an outlet either.

5. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

I'm not completely sure but I think I did. I have had 1 or 2 wet dreams during some long streaks. I didn't have sex during that streak either.

Even if you don't have a wet dream, that's fine, the body will absorb the sperm that is not being used. Unless you're jerking of 20+ times a day every day, you're not using up all the sperm your body is producing, your body is used to absorbing sperm that is not being used.