1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

--->90 DAYS NO SUGAR CHALLENGE<---

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Future role model, Apr 2, 2018.

How often do you eat sugary foods?

1. every day

62 vote(s)
    53.4%
  2. 2-5 times a week

32 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. once a week

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. few times a month

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. once a month

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. almost never

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. 124/130 - sugar only when my wife bakes
    84/90 - no alcohol
    84/90 - no crisps
    53/60 - coffee at most one per weekend
    30/30 - no bread - challenge completed!

Hello dear friends, I'm back! Unfortunately less time than ever so for the moment I have no time to read through all your posts. I was preparing my breakfast here and was curious about how close I was for the coffee challenge, apparently one week left.

About last week: I've been to an all-inclusive hotel and I've been eating good food all the time. I've been drinking no alcohol, no bread before I completed the no bread challenge, no crisps and of course no sugar. Only food - and a lot of food. The food I've been eating has been meat, fat and vegetables. That's it! Feels awesome.

Coming back again soon, right now I have to rush to work.

2. Accountability Partner

Accountability Partner Fapstronaut

I plan my day the night before. I plan in half an hour slots. The tasks to be done from 9.30 to 10. then 10 to 10.30. Most often, I am able to stick to it. I review it at night. If things were far too relaxed or strict, I change it for the next day. Also, I make sure to include 30 mins breaks after every 2 hours, to relax and also for unplanned activities. (It's called Pomodoro technique.)

The Great Safecracker likes this.
  3. Accountability Partner

@Force Majeure - You had your wedding, still you were able to stay true to your challenges! You are a legend. Hats off! Also, very nice to have you back!

4. He is a Master Challenge Taker!

5. Accountability Partner

19/90 - No Caffeine, 6 days a week
    18/90 - Meditation
    18/90 - Planning My Day
    7/90 - No Refined Sugar, 6 days a week
    3/14 - Getting out of bed at the first go of alarm
    0/7 - Dedicated time for browsing websites

6. Thank you so much to both of you :emoji_hugging:

When I realised I was going to get married at the same time I was taking all these challenges, I got a bit depressed. My wife was like "so you're going to avoid all these things while we're on our honeymoon with all-inclusive buffet?!". I got a bit depressed and it felt tough, the toughest thought I had was the fact that I knew nothing would stop me from completing these challenges. I had started them and that meant I would complete them. No matter how much I wanted to forget the challenges, I would still hold my promise that I had already made to myself, to avoid sugar, bread, crisps and alcohol.
    After a few days I realised it was only the perspective that was wrong: What is so wrong with avoiding all these things? There will still be plenty of other food I can eat and that food will certainly be much healthier for my body! Why should I give in to any urges that will only bring my body to an unhealthier state? The best thing I can do while having access to an all-inclusive buffet is to withstand any urges, stay on the track and keep focused.
    After that moment it just felt great to skip everything that would be unhealthy anyway. In the end it turned out to be a quite strict keto-diet I had for the whole vacation. I also did some intermittent fasting and it felt great.

I got home the day before yesterday and since I have completed the no bread challenge I want to try something new for the next 30 days: food containing grain at most once per day. Starting with that one tomorrow. :D

(Oh, I still haven't had time to read your posts through, looking forward to do that soon)

Keep fighting my friends!

7. Accountability Partner

wow!

Force Majeure likes this.
  8. Accountability Partner

20/90 - No Caffeine, 6 days a week
    19/90 - Meditation
    19/90 - Planning My Day
    8/90 - No Refined Sugar, 6 days a week
    4/14 - Getting out of bed at the first go of alarm
    1/7 - Dedicated time for browsing websites

9. Accountability Partner

10. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

- no sugar: day 24/30
    - no watching news: day 25/30

Yes, yesterday completed 30 day challange :)

11. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

Wow, well done bro. Very impressive! Good to have you back here :)

12. Accountability Partner

21/90 - No Caffeine, 6 days a week
    20/90 - Meditation
    20/90 - Planning My Day
    9/90 - No Refined Sugar, 6 days a week
    5/14 - Getting out of bed at the first go of alarm
    2/7 - Dedicated time for browsing websites

13. 126/130 - sugar only when my wife bakes
    86/90 - no alcohol
    86/90 - no crisps
    55/60 - coffee at most one per weekend
    1/30 - food containing grain at most once per day

crisps
    Only four days left in the no crisps-challenge. My wife just bought six bags of crisps because there was some kind of clearance... Add to that the fact that we already had one bag at home... this is just too much. Because of that I will extend my no crisps-challenge with 20 days.

coffee
    It feels a bit seldom to drink coffee only once per week. When the challenge is completed I will try something like "coffee at every second day" or something. Or maybe every Wednesday and Saturday... I still have some time to think about the proper modification :)

sugar only when my wife bakes
    This rule is perfect. No need to stop! I will extend it with another 20 days.

no alcohol
    I'm actually looking a bit forward to drink some nice beers I have at home. I plan to do that when I complete the challenge but then I'm going to think about some modification to this challenge because I love to have a beer when I eat good food. That's probably precisely the modification I seek, like "beer only allowed when eating nice dinner" or so. :)

food containing grain at most once per day
    Today I ate cheese and eggs to breakfast, then meatballs and mashed potato to lunch. When I came home I ate some bread to dinner and I must say my body didn't get very satisfied. I get much more satisfied when I eat fat, protein and vegetables - e.g. keto style. I may change this rule to a stricter one, like allowing food with grain if the amount of grain is below x or whatever. I'm going to think about it some.

After updated goals, my counters now look like this
    126/150 - sugar only when my wife bakes
    86/90 - no alcohol
    86/110 - no crisps
    55/60 - coffee at most one per weekend
    1/30 - food containing grain at most once per day

Thank you! Yeah, it's good to be back, although I have quite a lot to do for the moment so I don't have so much time for the forum unfortunately.

I can see you have soon completed the no sugar challenge, well done! And soon the no news challenge as well, that's a good one. I actually never watch news. News just messes up my creativity.

Good work!

19 days of meditation! How nice! What's your experience so far?

14. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

- no sugar: day 25/30
    - no watching news: day 26/30

Thanks. It refers mainly to the sport news I used to check, as I was spending hours on that in the past. At some point in my life I was addicted to sport bets/gambling so even though I am free from gambling/sport bets for 12 years, watching sport results makes me feel tense and have unrest afterwards.

- semen retention: decided to start another month challenge, now day 32/60.

15. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

It's wise I think.

16. 20

There is no craving for sweets. There is only the craving for more and more sweets.

17. Accountability Partner

Guys, isn't news watching/reading a good thing? We stay updated. We learn from world events. Sure, it shouldn't waste our time. One can have a cap on news consumption a day. Say, max 30 mins. But keeping away from it entirely is beyond me. I would love to hear your take on it.

Regarding mediation, I keep some separate time for it daily. But I won't consider it as any success. In 2015, when I used to meditate, I was able to reach thoughtlessness for, say, 30 seconds. But I am not able to achieve that now. Even when I am devoting 30 minutes to meditation, my mind keeps on drifting. I have a lot of mental clutter to clear. But I am hopeful of a better future, provided I kept at it.