1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Chronic dehydration!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by GripStrength, Jun 28, 2019.

1. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

Been chronically dehydrated for years and don’t know what to do! I drink lots of water, I’m wondering if I might be pre diabetic or something? I’ve had pure white dry tongue for years probably. My face skin is starting to get really bad though now. Chronically dehydrated and oily. Anyone have any tips? Do you think it’s because I’m over weight and maybe need much more water? Or maybe need to work out way more to clear the pours and let sweat hydrate my skin? What do you think? It may be because I drink tap water as well is a theory, as every time I drink it my mouth feels dryer. But if I have bottled water randomly it’s feel way different. The chlorine content is very high where I live that it smells like a swimming pool almost sometimes.

2. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

You ever asked a doctor?

3. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

Heck no!

4. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Well, then do that...

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. What kind of response is this? If you have a medical question and are concerned about your health, see a doctor. If you refuse to see a doctor, and apparently seem to think the suggestion itself is completely ridiculous, then I don't really feel bad for you. If you want answers and better health, that's literally what doctors exist for. Go ask, and you will have your answer.

TheMightyQuinn, GripStrength and Hros like this.
  6. First of all I wouldn't drink tap water that smells. Secondly, you shouldn't sweat a lot if you're already dehydrated.
    Mineral water is a better choice, you should drink a glass every now and then instead of drinking a whole bottle at once just to get the daily recommendation faster. If you drink too much at once, most of it is going to be flushed out since the kidneys can only process a small amount at once.
    A white coated tongue can have various causes. Candida is a common cause. It's a type of fungus that lives in the intestinal tract, it lives on sugar. Since you are preoccupied with your health, cutting simple sugars out of your diet would be a great start. This will only improve hydration. Sugar is very dehydrating. It places a lot of stress on the adrenal glands, which are in charge of your body's salt and fluid ratios. Other things that are pretty dehydrating are sugary fruits, alcohol and cafeine. And omega 6 fatty acids. Basically anything tasteful.
    Foods processed by humans are always a cause for concern. All modern diseases have some sort of connection to the foods we eat on a daily basis. The biggest favor you can do for your body would be to eat mostly natural foods. This will improve or even reverse conditions you may have. Gluten is a common intolerance. If you're overweight, you might want to check that one out. Causes a lot of swelling and inflammation.

7. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

I don’t eat too bad, but like to eat a lot of the sugary fruits! Thought about gluten just recently because I ate a pizza and been loose for the last two days bad! Starting to work out, so going to see what happens. I barely sweat either, just very oily skin I guess to compensate for dehydration.

8. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

Lol, I don’t think the suggestion is completely ridiculous, and I don’t want you to feel bad for me. But yeah, I know, just hate going into those places. It’s like a phobia or something and smells of death. Maybe in a few months if I switch everything up and it doesn’t work. Always afraid they’re going to say I’m dying :p

9. Well, you're probably not dying, but if you are, knowing about it would be a good idea. Not going to the doctor isn't going to help anything. You'd still be dying, you just wouldn't know and wouldn't be doing anything to stop it.

10. Paraphrase

Q: "I have a medical question but refuse to see a doctor. Can you help me?"

A: "No"

You say you have a phobia. Have you considered speaking with a counselor in an effort to work through this phobia so that maybe someday you could see a doctor?

If your identity is really stuck on this idea of you having a phobia so you are different and you need to keep that for some reason, there's really nothing anyone can do to help you because you are saying you don't want to change. You have to own this phobia and work to change it in the same way you tackle PMO.

I'm addressing you in all seriousness because it looks like you are trying to deflect from the problem with humor and levity (minimizing). You say you have a problem but when challenged you say it's not big deal and maybe in a few months things will change.

Peace,
    -Quinn

11. Goldenlion7892

Goldenlion7892 Fapstronaut

I have this problem too and it always gets worse with fapping go figure.

GripStrength likes this.
  12. Happypetal

Happypetal Fapstronaut

Strong indication it could be diabetes. Overweight, dry mouth, dehydration are major red flags!
    See a doctor!!
    (Student paramedic).

GripStrength likes this.
  13. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

Yeah, was leaning towards that. But what would they do if I was diabetic? I’m obviously not severe enough to be dead. I figure they might say get healthy now or have to get stabbed with diabetes juice! Ya I might go, but not before I try to get fit for a solid month or two.