1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Interface Issues

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by IGY, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IGY

IGY Guest

Is anyone else finding the new layout tricky to use? I feel the one we were on before was much easier to read off the screen. The font is so faint in certain places, I find I am squinting and leaning into the screen to read it. This is annoying and, I hope easy to fix. Is anyone having ease of use issues? :(

2. I have a solution, write your text in San-Serif like Verdana (my favourite font), San - Serif fonts are easier to
    to read and comfortable to the eyes as compared to Serif fonts (which have line strokes in the end)....other forum texts are yes small and dull, you cannot do anything :oops:

3. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

I generally like the new interface but I can't figure out how to edit my signature. : /

4. there are so many features new in this interface wow....and after all no traffic issue, website not opening

5. Dante's Shadow

Dante's Shadow Fapstronaut

So one thing that I don't understand is when I click on 'new posts', it doesn't show the same thing as 'recent posts'. I guess I don't know how the two are or should be different.

6. Bass Guy

Bass Guy Fapstronaut

Hell yes this new site is a nightmare, it needs a total rethink already

7. IGY

IGY Guest

It is not the font and clarity of the messages that is a problem, Ankur Sharma, it is most of the rest of the rest of the writing on the screen. The light grey is so faint you can hardly read it and some of the pale blue is the same. I hope this can be rectified because I don't know how long my patience will last before I can't be bothered using it at all.

8. IGY

IGY Guest

Yes it is a nightmare to negotiate the site since the change, Bass Guy. No longer can you quickly and easily see which of your friends (no longer even called friends :( ) is online.

9. IGY

IGY Guest

There are problems with stored messages. I have a number of important messages stored and now, as they appear on the list, there is nothing to say who they are from. You used to be able to go to Private Messages with a tab. You could go to Recent Activity with a tab, too.

10. IGY

IGY Guest

On the PMO-Tracker Control Panel there is no 'daily tick marks' feature.

11. The only thing I'm getting difficulties with is rapidly accessing to the threads I've posted in to find if there's any answers. This was easier before.

12. you know CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) is used for presentation for the html pages...you can also override the CSS for the web page (choose your own font and color) for the web page

1. Open the web browser and go to options
    2. Click on content
    3. Click on colors
    4. Now select the background color you want
    5. Override the colors specified by the page with my selections above: , choose Always
    6. Click OK
    7. Click OK

Tada

Source: Head First Html and CSS by Elisabeth Robson and Eric Freeman 2nd Edition

13. looks even more horrible

color 2.png

14. GUYS let's not forget it's super fresh and Alexander said it will be customized so it might not be the final version and I've read that Alexander has a day job. There is some issues but overall it's a much more pleasant experience imho

Ankur Sharma likes this.
  15. IGY

IGY Guest

Can all the faint grey and blue text be changed please Alexander?

16. freedomwarrior

freedomwarrior Fapstronaut

Hi everyone. I like a lot of the new format. Thanks, Alex. Kind of like a wife, or sex for that matter, this new format does not come with an owner's manual. Kind of have to click around and see where you get, and then try to remember how you got there.

Anyway, what I cannot figure out how to do is to get to the groups that we used to have. Anyone know if the groups are still active, or coming back soon, or gone forever, or another option?

17. As @Anne-Dauphine said, this is not the final version. Will be improving the site every week - things will only get better and better. We didn't switch to xenForo because of the default template, it is the backend that is beautiful and powerful. I'm going to be paying a designer out-of-pocket to redo the entire template from the ground-up in a much more beautiful way. Easier to read fonts, better colors, better UI, etc. I'll be making note of every concern brought up in this thread, trying to fix some of it immediately, and passing some of it along to the designer once I save up the cash.

Groups are coming back. There were issues importing them which are almost fixed.

Kristian and Kurapika like this.
  18. IGY

IGY Guest

Much appreciated Alexander - thank you for listening, as always, and for doing everything possible to deliver a unique and invaluable resource.

19. freedomwarrior

freedomwarrior Fapstronaut

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.