1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How cold is *cold* for showering?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Bombadil, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

Simple question: how cold are your cold showers?

I've been measuring the temperature of mine, and when I have 100% cold, it's still about 18°C. If we're going off deep below ground temperature it should arrive at about 7° , so I guess I have quite a shallow water main (and I'd expect it to be a lot colder in the winter)

What do you guys do, 100% cold or a bit warmer. What sorts of temperatures do you get?

TheHighFly likes this.
  2. deleter99

deleter99 Fapstronaut

Start from middle, to colder and than as cold as you can. It's enough. As long it's not warm its good. I suggest you to try ice bath 2-3 times a week if you want to feel the real cold :) but don't worry youre getting benefits anyway! Keep it up!

Bombadil likes this.
  3. rafael33

rafael33 Fapstronaut

The temperature of water here in Germany actually is about 18 degrees C. In winter- time it goes down to 10 degrees. 13-18 degrees is comfortable - for 2-3 minutes showering.

Bombadil likes this.
  4. TheSlyFly

TheSlyFly Fapstronaut

Don't know the temps exactly sadly, probably not much considering it's summer time in south california, but I do max cold I can, same in winter, I just endure it, if I'm shivering I know it's working and I meditate it out.

LavaMe and Bombadil like this.
  5. The exact temperature doesn't matter, it's actually the decision to make every day.

Qujing Shen, LavaMe and Bombadil like this.
  6. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

not much of a decision - I really like it! Though I may change my mind in November...

7. TheSlyFly

TheSlyFly Fapstronaut

That's when it gets tough and you have to think is it worth not gaining all that mental strength, health benefits, and losing the streak you're currently on? It's like when you see the hottest girl ever during a big nofap streak, is it really worth that 1 day? ;) Good luck brother! I know I'm not gonna like it in december-february but just gotta stay strong :D

Bombadil likes this.
  8. deleter99

deleter99 Fapstronaut

At winter just open your window in the toilet, let the cold get in. Then take your clothes off and breathe deep for about 2mins. Then close your window and jump in. Start from middle (your bodytemperature) to colder and max cold. Mental strength is on the way :)

Bombadil likes this.
  9. LavaMe

LavaMe Fapstronaut

I do full cold year round. In the winter I think the water is mid 50s. Right now it is in the 70s, which is hardly a cold shower. I found I almost never like at any time of year the cold water on my back. But once I let my back get wet I don’t mind it whatever the temperature is.

Bombadil likes this.
  10. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

:) for anyone not in USA, 50f is about 10c and 70f is about 21c.

Totally agree with the cold water on the back thing though. :):)

LavaMe and Nervesofsteel like this.