1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

is everyone in the adult worried worried about money only and not giving to people and helping

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by 19m, Jul 23, 2019.

1. 19m

19m Fapstronaut

people ? or am i just paranoid?

Millenial likes this.
  2. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Not everyone, but many.

Rebooter45674 likes this.
  3. rafael33

rafael33 Fapstronaut

“Be the change you want to see in this world.”
    Gandhi

4. yes bro all it is is prostitution caught on tape.

5. Not everyone. Take for instance to founder of this site. I would bet he is likely operating this at a loss. He may have related endeavors that are bringing some cash flow but I doubt this site brings anything over operating costs.

6. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

"Help others by not being part of those who need help from others"

I mean a slave can only help another slave to a limited extent.

And people can feel insulted or infuriated by charity, so use charity with style.

Millenial and Rebooter45674 like this.
  7. Of course not. There are tons of selfless people who are all about helping other people. If you get out there and start helping people, you will see them.

8. No I am not seriously worried about money in life, yet I am bad in a money way I feel like I should be worried but I always try to help my friends and family when they have things going on. I believe this site is a golden example of helpful people though, I rarely see a negative person here. I usually donate platelets in my spare time. I used to have a lot of friends say, " How much did you get paid?" and I normally laugh and respond with, " It's called donation for a reason, you're not supposed to be paid in return for your selfless act." I do feel like people are way to focused on money, sometimes I feel like the best way you can help out someone is to just hang out at their place or vice versa and talk it out.

RobbyGo36 likes this.
  9. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

This is totally true, but sometimes I use this as an excuse to myself to not try and help someone. Sad.

10. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Well worry of course also indicates FEAR. A lot of people will express their worry under the banner of prudent thinking and concern, but the truth is, at least partially (or actually mostly) it is fear and insecurity.

Whats sad and stupid at the same time is they may have a lot more money than the next guy, but really don't have any sense about what to spend it on. Sure eating out is not a big deal compared to the person that has to watch that kind of expense, but they may eat junk food. And when it comes to healthcare it's always "it's gotta be covered by insurance" but they are almost completely ignorant in terms of what's available and ACTUALLY AFFORDABLE to them so that they will probably in fact die or suffer a huge amount when they were able to pay for something beyond that. Of course they would never seriously look into those things because it's out of pocket, even fairly inexpensive stuff.

This is why I think that worry rationalized as prudence is actually abdicating responsibility. It's reductionistic, you think everything is either you have to pay for it or not have it, and in this example the whole concern is whether the services can be paid for but no scrutiny would be given to whether it's a good doctor or good therapy for the condition. While we can't just get a medical education to know everything they know we can be well informed health care consumers, but I'll bet you my life plenty of these guys are far more educated about entertainment technology which is also a big aspect of their addiction whether it includes PMO or not, while being largely ignorant about the body and what makes it healthy. This is just backwards and retarded. Retarded in terms of taking care of oneself both physically and psychologically, but advanced when it comes to machines and media technology that keeps you glued like a zombie. (which of course means they also don't have real insight about that effect even if they know the specs etc.)

Anyway, clearly it's not even about helping other people but people with money would not even be in a position to help themselves when this is the case. And how much of that do you think is happening out there?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  11. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

12. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

There's quite a lot of negativity in this thread. I'm going to say more people do care.

Countless charities and community projects wouldn't be able to exist without volunteers. Some people don't care about charities but I think they're in the minority. Now, of course, some might not have good motives to give but I think they're in the minority.

13. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I'm broke, and people around me do not deserves help so we're even.

14. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

There's no objective information. Also the polarization of positive/negative aside, leaving things *only* to charitable organizations is to depersonalize and outsource it. Even if you volunteer rather than give money that's likely reducing it to a single function in an industrial scheme of things. Of course I understand you want to be efficient with available resources too, but that doesn't change the fact that people leave the thinking about it to others whether the bias is positive or negative. Ignore-ance is ignorance, even if the intention is good ignoring the details still constitutes passing the buck on a mental/cognitive level.

15. Hey, appreciate the shout out. Note that I had this mentality for YEARS. Always wanted the site to be a side project that I paid for out of pocket. But, unfortunately, currently massively in debt and it isn't sustainable. So I'd like to introduce that counter-point to the thread, that being TOO generous with your time and money might be detrimental in many ways and can ultimately result in you doing less good for the world over time.

Deleted Account and MLMVSS like this.
  16. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

I think it's important not to just take it for granted. Having learned the site is operating at a loss, what are people willing to do to make it sustainable? Short term thinking for either personal recovery or community support is exactly that, if everyone only thinks someone else will take care of it then maybe the site won't be here in the future.

17. Welloiledmachine

Welloiledmachine Fapstronaut

That's just the society we live in now. People that don't have the big money bag are labeled as weak betas and underachievers. I, myself am guilty as well unfortunately. I want the big house and be able to support myself and my possibe my future family. I want a bunch of stuff that money buys ofourse.. Who doesn't. Guess the difference between me and them is I want it for myself and not anyone elses validation.

18. 19m

19m Fapstronaut

agreed one hundred percent ! amen to you brother !

19. If I had more money I would donate to places such as this which have helped me in return, but unfortunately I need every pound I get just to live. I’m worried all the time about money, you need it to survive in this society and the price of everything goes up and up every year.