1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally achieved past 30 days! (i think)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by SeekingLife, Jul 26, 2019.

1. SeekingLife

SeekingLife Fapstronaut

Im about 30 days in now with no PMO. Reason i say (about) is because i found what also helps is to not even think about what day your on. I’ve just been living without a thought that i was even once addicted. All i know is i started somewhere around end of June.

However right now, i’d say im on a huge flatline stage. Like nothing turns me on. Before when i’d start, it would take about 2 weeks for me to slowly regain that feeling for woman again. However now, it’s like i look at pictures of hot girls, and it’s whatever.

I’m even texting this girl i met at a club like a month ago and we’re exchanging pretty explicit photos, but i’m not even getting that turned on by her, even though deep down... i want to fuck the shit out of her.

But, I guess that’s just a sign my brain is in recovery mode. Hoping when i get to the 90 day mark my brain will be refreshed and have that full force drive and crave for real woman again.

Can anyone relate with this flatline stage? How long did it last for you?

2. 220woof671

220woof671 Fapstronaut

"However now, it’s like i look at pictures of hot girls, and it’s whatever."
    Ha, ha, that is funny … "and it's whatever." :)

Can anyone relate with this flatline stage? How long did it last for you?

Good question -- I had to review information on this too. Here's some answers I got from googling "how long does nofap flatline last?" Here's a link from a reddit or nofap-like website:
    https://.com/what-are-nofap-flatline-symptoms/

"The flatline is typically kicking in within the timeframe of the first 2-4 weeks of doing no PMO.

It’s kicking in, because your dopamine receptors are messed up. Your brain is complaining and it has started to miss those small hits of dopamine you were so used to giving it.

It’s just like when an addict stops using his favorite drug, he feels depressed sometimes for long periods of times, depending on how excessive his abuse was. It’s the exact same cycle that is evident in this case."

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  3. PowerfulSRE

PowerfulSRE Distinguished Fapstronaut

30 days, it is a great start man! ABout flatline, I actually never had strake longer than 25 days and I never experienced flatline, but I have read a lot on that subject and I can tell you that flat line can last for 4-5 months, 2-3 weeks, or can be only one day, and it can go multiple times during one streak.

But the good things is, if you are in flatline, then you know for sure that your effort is not worthless, and you are in healing process. Everything after will be much better.

Stay strong my friend, good luck.