1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What does the Bible say about homosexuality?

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. kind of like being saved by works? how long do we have to go without PMO before we can be saved?

2. God judges the heart. That's not a question any of us can answer.

But the Bible is very clear that continuing to live in sin is an abuse of God's grace. Read this section of Hebrews 10 careful. You will see that God takes this stuff very seriously.

"If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,
    but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.
    Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
    How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?"

Continuing to sin after coming to salvation is considered an insult to the Spirit of grace, trampling the son of God underfoot, and treating the blood of the covenant as an "unholy thing." That's very serious. God has an abundance of grace for us, but there must be repentance.

There is a different between having an addiction, recognizing it's wrong and feeling remorseful for it, but struggling to stop because it's addiction.... vs. having an attitude of "well, God will forgive me no matter what I do, so it doesn't matter. I can just do whatever I want."

L1ttl likes this.
  3. I think you put that very well as always

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. -Leviticus 20:13

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. -Romans 1:24-27

I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person. -1 Corinthians 5:9-13

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. -1 Corinthians 6:9-11

And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly; And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds; ) The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: -2 Peter 2:6-9

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2020