1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Not as bothered about relationships these days

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by FormerFapaholic, Aug 5, 2019.

1. FormerFapaholic

FormerFapaholic Fapstronaut

As I write this, I'm a single man and from time to time I have felt lonely. But in recent times, I haven't felt that need of wanting and having a girlfriend, sex and being in a relationship. That it is no longer high on the list of priorities. As I've been focusing on my life. Working on my life goals like a change of career, as I've recently landed myself with a new job, but also saving up to move house, and on my health and fitness.

Relationships have fallen down the pecking order, and to be honest, investing time and energy in myself. With hobbies and activities like exercising, cooking, scrap booking, reading, painting and drawing too, for example. Has also made me a lot happier in myself, more comfortable in my own skin. A relationship really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Make no mistake, even if the company is nice to have.

I've got bored of chasing women in a nut shell. I feel that I'm not as bothered about having the need of being in a relationship. That I'm developing a healthier mindset that has followed from my change of priorities. Live my life for me, live by my principals. Not trying to fit in, not meeting society's expectations, not for anyone else, pleasing them and meeting their approval. Being myself and comfortable in my own skin.

Has anyone else been through this? Do you think I have a better train of thought here?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    Majik and Deleted Account like this.
  2. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I feel the same way. I'm not interested in being in a relationship. It's better to be this way than being in a place in which you have to find a relationship. Some people need to be in a relationship in order to feel good about themselves. That's very sad, because what it means is that they are uncomfortable in their own skin. Being single has taught me that I'm stronger than I had initially thought.

Majik and FormerFapaholic like this.
  3. FormerFapaholic

FormerFapaholic Fapstronaut

Yeah, we don't need validation from others to live a happy life. It's sad that some people stay in relationships out of fear of being lonely and the social stigmas from being single.

Majik likes this.
  4. I am currently at the same state as well, having taken up old hobbies as well as self improvement over these past 2 years has made me feel much less of a need to seek a relationship.

When it comes to relationships, most people in general just invest in their looks, and while they may seem attractive on the surface, underneath they have many problems and are very much dependent on another for love, financial support, sexual pleasure, etc.

But I also am all for the idea of being in a future relationship with an ideal partner that has alot in common with myself that would be something more like a soul type of connection, a partnership that pertains to business or work even.

Majik and FormerFapaholic like this.