1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Joining the party

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Frisky Biscuit, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Frisky Biscuit

Frisky Biscuit Fapstronaut

What’s up guys, I’m 27 and I’ve just started my NoFap journey in a committed way after many years of excuses and false starts. I’ve reached the point where I’m willing to accept that this is a problem that won’t be solved through shear willpower and grit alone, one that I need to reach out for help with. So here I am.

I’ve just relapsed from my first week of intentionally abstaining from PMO. I’ve been on a trip with my family and the family tension from being in close proximity all week coupled with my own anxiety finally got the best of me. It was a humbling experience to realize how much I’ve relied on PMO to keep me stable, or at least comfortably numb, in the past.

I realize now that it’s not as if PMO completely got rid of my anxiety, it just offered me a fantasy to escape to, a way to tune the world out for a little bit and blow of enough steam to drag myself out of bed, show up withdrawn and flaccid, and just go through the motions. But the heavy cost has been massive regret and I’ve finally surrendered to the fact that I’ve hit my limit for living such a small, provisional life.

So I’m in this for real now. This is the work, one day at a time. Thanks for accepting me into your community. I hope to get to know all you guys better and learn some things, find some support, and help some others that are in the same predicament as myself. Even though I’m back to day one, I’m just glad I’ve found somewhere that feels like we’re all in this together. It’s good to finally be here.

2. Hello and welcome! :)

We are glad to have you as a part of our community. Here are some quick links to get you started.

Getting Started Guide | How to Use the NoFap Forums | Panic Button |Day Counter | Rebooting Resources|Forum Rules | Glossary

If you wish to keep a journal of your progress you can do so in the appropriate section found here

There are plenty of wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable people here to help you along on your journey to a life free of PMO. I wish you nothing but the best!

Frisky Biscuit likes this.
  3. Welcome! All the best on your journey. Stay focused on your goals. Always keep in mind the vision of you after you have beaten back this addiction. Think about what you will be like and how your life will be better. That will help get you thorough the urges and temptations.

Frisky Biscuit likes this.