1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Will coffee help me?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by RamboErecto, Aug 25, 2019.

1. RamboErecto

RamboErecto Fapstronaut

So, im a milk drinker. I like chocolate milk, doctors says that milk arent that good because it has a lot of hormones.

Anyway, I come here because im almost dont drink coffee, not because I dont like, but because im not a big fan of it. I read here and there that it is good, and also read here and there that it is bad.

So, I want to ask if i should drink some, since Im not a caffeine addict or nothing like that, what do you think?

Rambo Erecto

2. People have always drunk milk but we think that we are smarter. But i agree that industrial milk isnt good, its a dead milk and i avoid it. The best milk is unpasteurised milk, its taste is soooooo good and different and it has tons of benefits, God is always good to us. If u can get some dont hesitate.

About coffee i wdnt recommend u to begin, a lot of people (like my father) are addicted to it, u can drink it occasionally but not regulary

need4realchg and Asgardian36 like this.
  3. It’s definitely addicting... and it gets pricey too. I started drinking it 3 months ago and have averaged 2-3 cups a day. I would recommend only drinking decaf because then it’s not about energy, it’s about the flavor. Ive moved to decaf and it was the best choice ever. I prefer natural energy to synthetic. Now I drink coffee because I like the taste, not because I need caffeine

need4realchg and IbrahimViking like this.
  4. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

Humans are the only species that drink the milk of another species, in adulthood. Cow milk is good for you if you happen to be a baby calf! We've been drinking milk every now and then since about 10.000 years ago, but we've been drinking large amounts of milk since less than 100 years. Milk is a protein and hormonal shake that helps a baby calf gain 70kg in a few weeks; I don't think humans need anything of the sort.

Coffee's been around not for too long either, maybe 500 years old. Whenever you read about coffee being good, please first read as to what they are comparing it with. For example, you are better off eating a handful of almost any kind of berries than drinking a cup of coffee.

Why not just stick to water? What's wrong with pure water? You're 80% water, so...

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. RamboErecto

RamboErecto Fapstronaut

You forget the focus of this topic:

I dont made this topic to talk about Milk or Caffeine is addictive. I just say that I drink milk and dont like coffee too much just to give you guys some context. I cant become caffeine addict because I dont like coffee too much since I almost dont like it, I think has been already 2 or 3 weeks before I took some. Alcohol work in the same way for me: I got plenity of friends who are alcoholics (Im 30 y/o) and I spend a lot of time with them, but I dont like alcoholic drinks too much and I almost dont drink, just in some social situations.

Same happens to me with the coffee, sometimes I visit my mother and she offers me some, but that is more or less the only time I drink it. Maybe if I breakfast with someone on the city, etc.

As i said, not a big fan of coffee. I preffer milk.

What Im asking, is if coffee has some benefits that would justify to drink 1 or 2 cups per week. What do you think? please answer based on nutrition propeties and doctors opinions, this has nothing to do with caffeine addiction issues. I heard coffee can be good.

Thank you
    Rambo

6. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

Just drink it and see if it works for you, if you don't like it don't drink it. Studies don't give you the full picture, and a lot of them are contradictory anyways. You need to rely on self experimentation for stuff like this.

7. bla bla bla stop with this stupid argument please
    Human is the only species that kills other for "pleasure", Humans is the only species that is destroying the earth, Human is the only specie that is always improving and discovering new things in science etc. Human is the only species that doesnt mate in public and doesn't pee in public and doesn't poo in public, and doesn't eat any food he finds, and doesn't rape a girl if he finds her beautiful, So human is the only species that can resist to his body's instincts and not behave like an animal because God gave to him a reason, but some still behave like animals even with a reason.
    "Already have We urged unto hell many of the jinn and humankind, having hearts wherewith they understand not, and having eyes wherewith they see not, and having ears wherewith they hear not. These are as the cattle - nay, but they are worse! These are the neglectful."(7,179)

Sry for this disgression but i can't read this stupid argument without reacting (no offense to you)

So you think that all the mankind before us were idiots drinking cow milk and that we are smarter than them? U trust one man with a white dress calling himself scientist instead of billions of people? (Who must be corrupted and tries to disgust people of milk so they will drink their Gmo soja milk that has 0 benefits except economics ones)

8. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

For the sake of health, yes, pooping on the streets is a health hazard and should be avoided if you live in concentrated human populations (cities). Put a million cows to live together in a place without adequate manure management and they'll get sick in a very short span of time. That's why you don't see in nature a large number of cattle in a confined space. But go ahead and make half arguments with a loud voice, maybe you can change reality.

Colin T Campbell*
    Michael Greger
    Caldwell Esselstyn
    John McDougall
    Pamela Popper
    Neil Barnard
    Milton Mills

*turned cancer on and off by increasing and reducing casein, a protein found in dairy.

So yeah, I trust these doctors and scientists much more than the advertising agencies paid to increase milk sales as much as possible, for their customers' profits. You focus only on what suits your argument, ignorant on part of my argument: we drink MUCH MUCH more milk than anyone was drinking even 100 years ago.

But if you want to damage your body, hey, go ahead, who am I to stop you. You say it's not personal, but you're rather aggressive without any real basis for your arguments. I'm not religious, but the passage you quoted seems to say, metaphorically, to do your own understanding, your own research (seeing, hearing), otherwise you are worse than cattle: neglectful.

Both to you and the OP: do your own research and come to your own conclusions. If your own research, after weighing the pros and cons, says "hey milk and coffee are good for me", go ahead and have as much as you like!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    need4realchg likes this.
  9. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Coffee, at least as it is usually drank in America, is mainly hot milk anyway. It can provide a temporary boost to your focus and productivity, especially if you don't drink it regularly. It can also make you feel anxious and make your heart race alarmingly. Experiment and see what is right for you.
    I like coffee very much, but I find tea a gentler drink that I can drink all day with no issues. I have to treat coffee with respect.

10. RamboErecto

RamboErecto Fapstronaut

Thank you all for the fast answers and the analysis!

I will take a few coffee to keep me energized, and without become an caffeine addict i supose!

Yep u do likes this.
  11. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    There are better ways to get an energy boost than coffee.

A glass of orange juice will provide benefits without the risk of developing an addiction.

need4realchg likes this.
  12. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

Juice will give you a blood sugar spike and make you sleepy, there is no energy to be found in sugary drinks. Juice is shit, just fruit with no fiber and is also bad for your teeth. Eat real fruit.

Yep u do likes this.
  13. letter

My Journal
    :emoji_thinking:

need4realchg likes this.
  14. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

Clearly you are on the payroll of big juice to be making such slanderous posts.

need4realchg and letter like this.
  15. letter

My Journal
    Even if you are correct, you’ll never prove anything.

And if you want to keep trying, well, let’s just say I’ve heard rumours of a new line of blood-orange juice coming out. If you know what I mean & what’s good for you...’cuz these guys make sure every juice is worth the squeeze.

16. No, people in small village still avoid people when pooing, because they have some modesty that animals dont have. And when humans put tons of animals together with no respect for them, they still poo everywhere when they feel the need.
    Well i dont know those names because i am from europe and i guess that u are from usa. I found this https://www.realmilk.com
    About the cancer and the casein what a joke, when humans interfere with the small elements perfectly dosed by God ofc bad things happen.
    And by the way i was a exaclty like you before trusting those guys, but the problem is that the studies arent done with raw milk, and all the sudies with raw milk find benefits in it. And i wont talk about WHO is paying the scientists and the doctors sometimes.

Yes people drink much much more DEAD milk than before, from cows treated like robots, so yes dont expect something amazing about health benefits from industrial milks.
    Yes there are milk lobbies too, like there are non milk lobbies who wanna sell their cereals instead of it. I dont support any because they just want money and dont care about the farmers.

It wont damage my body - -
    people always drunk raw milk, my grandparents do and they are alive, and i guess that yours do or did if they are still alive.

Sry if i looked agressive but i hate the argument about humans being the only species drinking milk from others, it is so stupid.

Thats it, and if u do ur own research with an objective mind u will understand that this universe cant be here because of lucky dices, but rather from God,
    “We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Quran) is the truth” (41;53)
    who offers us tons of blessing.
    "And in cattle there is a lesson for you, We give you drink, from their bellies digested food and blood, pure liquid milk for those who drink."(16;69)
    Thats how i know that milk is good for us even if some studies say the contrary.
    Some years before everyone was saying fasting is dangerous be careful of dehydration blablabla.
    And nowadays with science progress that confirms the blessings of it everyone is fasting.
    2:184 (Fasting) for a fixed number of days; but if any of you is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed number (Should be made up) from days later. For those who can do it (With hardship), is a ransom, the feeding of one that is indigent. But he that will give more, of his own free will,- it is better for him. And it is better for you that ye fast, if ye only knew.

But u are right at the end eveyone is free to do what he wants (but milk is better, its so white and so sweet *-* )

17. A week ago I decided to stop caffeine. I wasn't drinking much of coffee but huge amounts of tee, that has caffeine as well. (Teaine is actually caffeine).
    I was drinking up to ten cups of tea every day. First thing to handle is the habit of making the tea pot all the time.
    After two days, I started to have headaches and felt weak. So I was sleeping a lot and much better.
    After a week I feel better, I still sleep more and it's a more intense sleep. I feel great in the morning but energy drops in the evening and I go to sleep.

- Over 40 days of noFap, no PM
    - Over 10 days without caffeine
    - Over 20 days without alcohol
    - Over a year without milk an dairy

the next things I want to get rid of: Junk food (no noodles, no pizza, no sugar, no softdrinks, less rice, no corn)

18. RamboErecto

RamboErecto Fapstronaut

19. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

Keep your coffee black, if possible not instant coffee, and most of the time avoid drinking it after 3pm.

1-2 a day is ''good'' if you like coffee, 3 should be the max.

Also if you work out, take your coffee 20 minutes before training, it's a great pre-workout drink.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  20. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Why the hell did this turn into a holy war about milk? If you don’t like it, don’t drink it. There are antioxidants in coffee but you can get those elsewhere.