1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Best book to read on dating

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Kman20, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

When I made the decision to get into the dating world and approach women I’m utterly thankful that I read this book first before going on my little love mission.

Models by Mark Manson is one of the best books I’ve read on the subject. It focuses on how we should be interacting with women but I believe it could benefit anyone even if that isn’t their priority. The reason why is because Mark, throughout the book, encourages us guys to be honest and ourselves in our interactions with women. This facilitates honest connection.

He takes the time to bash the pick up artist community by telling us that we need to “act” a certain way to get women. His premise is for us to be honest about ourselves and not use cheap tactics to get women. I’m a man but I’d venture out to say that I’m sure women would recommend this dating book to men too. It’s one of my favorite books on self help and I can’t recommend it enough.

If you’re in the dating world or thinking of starting to date again soon I recommend this book to everyone if you have a little money to spend. I don’t know Mark Manson at all or am I one of his promoters or anything. I’m just a guy who thinks that everyone on nofap can benefit greatly from the knowledge contained in this book about authenticity.

Here’s a link if anyone is interested. Help yourself and your dating life by reading this instead of all of that dumb PUA stuff on youtube.
    Models: Attract Women Through Honesty https://www.amazon.com/dp/1463750358/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_P5VyDbN9JYA9D

ifthecoppertubes likes this.
  2. ifthecoppertubes

ifthecoppertubes Fapstronaut

His 'subtle art of not giving a f*ck' is quite insightful too.

Kman20 likes this.
  3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I'm reading it too. I need to improve my looks first though.

Kman20 likes this.
  4. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Yeah man just average hygiene and wear clothes that fit your body type goes a long way. If you want help I can try. I mean I’m no Chris Hemsworth but I don’t think I’m a goblin either.

5. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Definitely, a great book on values.

6. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

I would also recommend any literature on NLP (neuro linguistic programming).

Any books on body language as well (Joe Navarro especially).

And a great one from the women perspective: The Queen's Code, very insightful on how to treat women and embrace our Masculinity ...

blacksky98 likes this.
  7. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

I used Mark Manson's stuff in the long past (starting about 5-6 years ago). He has some fantastic inner game stuff, but he such an idealistic perspective on dating that I've found it to be overly simplistic. Inner game is only a part of the puzzle, and to get good at dating you must have the outer game stuff squared away.

So, I recommend you don't sweep PUA's off the table so easily, they are the ones with the most experience with women by far. Tom Torrero is one of the best, is straight up authentic about what he wants and doesn't want. Yes, some of them out there are real sneaky/slimey guys, but some of them are the real deal, and you'll have to look into each one to see who matches your style. Youtube infields are the best reference for this.

8. TIMMY0110

TIMMY0110 Fapstronaut

Better than PUAs are Pransters like 'angrypicnic' and 'thatwasepic'. The reason being that they tell the girl directly what they want without hesitation, they have that calm attitude while approaching because they acknowledge they they might be rejected and are okay with whatever the outcome.So, accepting that rejections can happen and being okay with it is the key. Most PUAs use indirect approach and routines.I am not a fan of indirect approach because they are trying to hide their intentions.

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  9. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

+1

A lot of successful guys in their 20s-30s nowadays will admit that they have read ''the game'' at one point in their lives haha

primaljade likes this.
  10. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

I actually like him a lot! Confident, fun, with imagination.

Rejection is a big part of the learning process. Th more ''no'' you take, the easier it is for you to accept it and move on.

It is like in sales, business, or goals. If you stop at the first no that you receive, you will never get anywhere in your life. Be relentless and positive!

11. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Mark Manson is the man. I'm grateful for his lessons on honest self expression. In terms of self development resources, I would attribute most of who I am today due to his teachings. Back when he still had a forum community, I was part of it regularly like how I am here. That's actually where I learned most of what I know and why I'm able to give quality advice.

Kman20 likes this.
  12. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I agree, I’d follow anyone who’s premise for advice is to be more genuine. Wish there were more books that emphasized honesty and genuine self expression as much as models did.

13. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Daring Greatly and Radical Honesty come to mind.

But it really does come down to practicing it and pushing it on a daily basis. Letting go of the need to control outcomes and the reactions of other people.

Even if two people formed a relationship via lying / manipulation / compromising out of comfort... it becomes a lifeless and quiet discomfort that is tolerated by both parties in the long run.

Kman20 likes this.
  14. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I’ve read daring greatly but not Radical Honest. I agree, I’ve read somewhere unsure whether it was Mark Manson or Brene Brown, pretty sure the former but they said the more we are open about our insecurities and are vulnerable with ourselves, ironically the more confident we are. Do you agree ?

15. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Kman20 likes this.
  16. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I remember starting this article in my car but not finishing it, I wish I had gotten back to it. Thanks for sending this to me.

It really is paradoxical. The most confident guys are the guys that have allowed themselves to br “weak”. Guys that are good with women have been rejected so many times. The guys that aren’t confident are scared of ruining their “confidence” by risking this rejection. The guys that are great at shooting basketballs in the NBA are only good because they have missed so many times when they tried.

It’s this being able to face uncertainty like you said instead if protecting our fragile ego that allows a man to feel like he can handle shit and thus breed confidence. I will try to live my life in this way from now on. I see that my standards for everything in life greatly increase the more I do this. The things I’m willing to do and thus the satisfaction I get out of life increase because I HAVE increased.

I once had a conversation with this man who is your stereotypical people person and great with women. I asked him how he got so good and he told me it took A LOT of trial and error, he failed so many times (allowing himself to face the negatives) now look at him. God damn, I’m living a shallow, dull, boring life..because I am these things.

We all need to learn this.

elevate likes this.