1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Thanks artifact! It's good to be back.

artifact and GottaBFree like this.
  2. I have read the rules and would like to join this group! I'm 38 and feel more comfortable with guys that are age related.

GottaBFree likes this.
  3. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Check in wednesday, still going on.
    The worst of ourselves is like a vermin that lives in the midst of darkness and garbage. When we confess and admit our problems with PM, the light comes and makes that bad vermin have to flee.
    Thanks to NoFAP because it gives us the opportunity to bring light on our darkness and clean our interior of garbage.
    Confession is a very important first step!
    "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" 1 John 1:9 NIV
    See you fapstronauts!

Espi1971, discovery, artifact and 2 others like this.
  4. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Counter at 5. Maybe I’ll finally be able to break out of this funk I’ve been in since the 61 day streak.

Took a nap after work and couldn’t sleep again. Need to fix that lol. Tired but staying awake all day.

Zero desire to give into any thoughts that lead to P or M - not a full flatline just appropriately disgusted by what happens when I do. I hope I never forget.

discovery, artifact, bold0101 and 2 others like this.
  5. AEC Josh2415

AEC Josh2415 Fapstronaut

6. bold0101

bold0101 Fapstronaut

Checking in. Still going strong. Some urges, not as bad as I expected.

GottaBFree likes this.
  7. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

failed today......
    begin again tomorrow

GottaBFree likes this.
  8. zugish

zugish Fapstronaut

Hi all,
    I have read the rules and would like to join this group.

I'm 42, married with kids and been trying to quit PM on and off for years. I had no real success until earlier this year when I started using this website to talk with others in similar situation... I actually abstained for about 4 months last time (about 2 months PMO then 2 months PM). Then I slipped up and was back to old ways for a couple months but really want to restart... Its actually already been about a week with this renewed effort. Anyway, not sure about how to become a part of this group or if there are other groups to join instead but definitely looking for others who are committed to PM abstinence.
    Thanks!

persona2903 likes this.
  9. I will add you to the member ranking tonight. Welcome to the group!

JJ_Kino likes this.
  10. @RebornSpartan , @IvannaQuit and @zugish - The group is currently full. (Only 20 people are allowed in an accountability group according to Nofap rules.) I can add you to our waiting list but there are already 11 people on that list. At the current rate of turnover, I'm guessing it will be at least 6 months before we have an opening for you. If that is OK with you, reply to this comment to be added to the waiting list.

11. @RadioGiraffe81 - Cool profile pic, but the group is currently full. I can add you to our waiting list but there are already 11 people on that list. At the current rate of turnover, I'm guessing it will be at least 6 months before we have an opening for you. If that is OK with you, reply to this comment to be added to the waiting list.

12. @Timber congrats on your 60 days yesterday! You are setting a great example for the rest of us.

Timber likes this.
  13. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Thanks appreciate it.

14. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

I need another check in... I’m in the middle of another brutal week. It’s been two months of no PMO. I’m hoping to have sex with my wife but she is busy and tired and going through some hormonal thing what with breastfeeding and all. My dreams are basically about rainbow explosions, which I suppose is a funny way for my brain to express that I need to ejaculate.

Funny enough, I don’t want to PM.

15. EcoMunchies

EcoMunchies Fapstronaut

Checking in on the two week mark, again. Flying it this week, no issues. Keeping busy with other activities (running, meditation and work!)
    Today was the first day that urges came back, so here I am, checking in to re-engage with the group to defend off the urges.

I've been reading a very good book by Pema Chodron, called The Places that Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times. It deals with the concept of Shenpa (being Hooked) which I've mentioned before, but goes a lot further in this book. Very good read, and can definitely be applied to our situation. It also has tips and ideas for overcoming the Shenpa, especially if you are already into meditation.

16. Strong work man. This is a long process and you've come a long way already - Don't stop now. Keep going.

GottaBFree and Timber like this.
  17. bold0101

bold0101 Fapstronaut

A little frustrated. I gave in again to the urges. The reason is so stupid too. I was already struggling with urges as it was 1 week. Me and my wife got into a big fight last night over I don't even understand what. In my frustration I gave in after she went to bed. I can tell you it didn't make me feel better lmao. Definitely not worth it, but I'll start over. Again. Hope yinz are having a better day

18. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Lol. Story of my life. You’ve got this.

artifact likes this.
  19. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Counter on 6 check in.

I am feeling a little more committed every day. I still need to fix sleep schedule - but it won’t be tonight lol.

JJ_Kino likes this.
  20. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

7 days. One week down.