1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do all women want to get married and have children?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by motion2082, Sep 2, 2019.

1. motion2082

motion2082 Fapstronaut

Something I have noticed among society is statistically more women than men want to get married and have children...why is that?

I told my partner of 10 years I didn't want to get married and have kids, now we're taking about separating...

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. I can see this. I was gonna say this was harsh but i can see it. Its a very different lifestyle/future.

Ismt this something you fogure out on a third or fourth date? Ive had girls ask me if i wanted kids and i say"i do t tjink about it but yeah i do far into the future" so they at least get an idea that i want kids in the future

3. Also not all women want kids. Here. Any statement "All women blah blah blah" its most likely not correct.... besides a few things actuslly now i think about it

4. MisterDirection

MisterDirection Fapstronaut

Be mindful of globalizing

I have to work on it a lot also.

Words like everyone or all or always. These are globalizing.

Kiz Whalifa likes this.
  5. Wow, seriously dude? I'm sorry, but this was incredibly unwise planning on both of your parts. Why on earth would you be with someone for TEN years and never think you should discuss this? My husband and I discussed this on our first date, because I had zero interest in wasting my time and breaking my heart falling for someone who doesn't want the same things as me. I'm sorry you're going through that, but I can't help but feel it's sort of your own fault if you didn't think to talk about that sooner. Sorry if that's harsh, but I'm just really shocked to see that someone could be in a relationship for 10 years and not know if they're on the same page at all. Hopefully you can work it out.

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

7. I don’t know, it might have something to do with the fact that procreation is a natural consequence of sex within nature and that women might be more open to this than men? Or maybe there are a lot of men who are just as open to it as women and you’re just assuming a lot of men do not want to get married and have children?

I don’t know if you’re saying you just told her or if you’re saying you had to tell her again after 10 years of her already knowing your position on the matter?

Either way if you know you’ll never be on the same page regarding this then you should just separate right now and stop wasting each other’s time.

8. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    its theyre biological nature i suppose

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  9. How can you speak for all women? You don't know all of them, do you?

I know a handful who don't wanna have kids at all. And many don't wanna get married, at least not for a long time. Point is all kinda of women exist, just like men. One simply can't make such bold claims in seriousness.

10. motion2082

motion2082 Fapstronaut

I can’t speak for all women but I can speak for the majority. In my workplace we have two women married and pregnant atm, both in their early 30’s. I seem to see a lot of pregnant women in a daily basis.

It’s a bold statement but feels like the majority.

White Sheep likes this.
  11. motion2082

motion2082 Fapstronaut

Let’s just say that communication isnt our strong point. After 2 years of engagement I called off the wedding and after 2 years of no intimacy I said I didnt want to have children.

There are many reasons why this is the case. I could make a list here.

White Sheep likes this.
  12. No need to make a list; that’s your business and frankly the reasons don’t matter if you’re both at a point where you feel fundamentally different and are unwilling to budge.

I’m curios though, if you’re not big on communication then why have you stayed with each other for 10 years?

13. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Yeah, we grilled each other during our third date about stuff like this and the general future. It was probably the most awkward date ever, but one that we honestly needed. I can’t imagine ever going 10 years without mentioning this when we do almost every day lol

Kiz Whalifa and Deleted Account like this.
  14. I am not a data scientist, but I think your sample size may be a bit small.

15. Is it just me or is it a common question to ask "do all women want" in this forum? And if it's true, as someone pointed out, wouldn't have to always ask "do all women want" if they considered how logically irresponsible it usually is to use the word "all" when talking about people's values.

Edited for accidentally typing "woman" when I meant "women".

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2019
  16. "Data show men are quicker to fall in love and more likely than women to want children: 54% of men say they have experienced love at first sight, compared with 44% of women; among singles without children under 18, more men (24%) than women (15%) say they want children."

"About 8 in 10 fathers surveyed said they always knew they wanted to have children, compared with about 7 in 10 mothers, and 69 percent of dads called that long-standing desire to have children an important factor in their decision to have kids."

[Source I] [Source II]

Deleted Account and MLMVSS like this.
  17. Lol seriously. Also, you can visually see that a woman is a mother if she's pregnant, but you can't see if a man is a father. So are you just... assuming that all the men you see around you aren't fathers/don't want kids?

18. Definitely not just you. It's super annoying. It's like some people here can't grasp that women are unique individuals, not a collective hive mind. My best friend wanted to have babies immediately, and she's 26 with 2 kids already, after several years of trying to have a baby and not being able to get pregnant. I, on the other hand, am the same age, and have not wanted kids until very recently. And even now, I go back and forth about it sometimes.

19. Nice.
    In general I find it *surprisingly* still common even though we're almost to 2020.. its so dumb.

20. I personally don't want kids, btw. I think it's becoming more common nowadays tto find more women and men that don't want to have kids...even though baby fever comes and goes..I dont think I'll go back on my decision