1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you deal with painful boredom?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Don't get me wrong--not bored all the time but when it happens it's pretty shit (like a been there done that kinda deal). I feel like traveling would get rid of this but that is not realistic in the world we live in. We can't just travel whenever the fuck we feel like without wealth lol. Anyway, did you guys have any tips on how to deal with this? I do make shit happen for myself but things just feel so repetitive sometimes. Even TV and video games get boring after a while if I don't take a break from it. Please chime in

P.S This might have to do with the fact that I relapsed a few days ago, but I'm not entirely sure

Jane elise likes this.
  2. FenixGenesis12

FenixGenesis12 Fapstronaut

Do you have friends? If you do, my advice is hang out with them, be proactive and do fun things with them. If you do not have any friends then my dude is time you find some damn friends as simple as that. We are social animals by nature, and therefore we need to have interactions and connections with other people.

Jane elise likes this.
  3. I see friends on the regular, but it's hard to not do repetitive things together. Workout during week drink on the weekends over and over again. I wanna switch it up but don't know how

4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Sleep. That's what I do.

Jane elise likes this.
  5. Reginald001

Reginald001 Fapstronaut

I'm struggling with this myself. I've decided to try to find some hobby/activity clubs. I know they are out there. Try to fill every evening with some kind of shared activity in a club. Doesn't really matter what. Say on Monday and thursday it's the sports club, on tuesday you go to a computer club, or a band, on wednesday you go dancing the Salsa.. it doesn't really matter as long as each evening is filled with some kind of activity/responsibility.

I'm hoping that will help me fight the boredom.

6. Do you have a bike? If you do you could go on a bike ride.

Reginald001 likes this.
  7. Reginald001

Reginald001 Fapstronaut

I was thinking about that yesterday and I forgot until you mentioned it right now. It's actually a really good idea to buy a good sports bike, then when the urges get really strong, I can bike outside until I drop.

Fixmybrain and Paul69 like this.
  8. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

Take up a hobby like firearms and take a class and go shooting regularly.

Fixmybrain likes this.
  9. Cure for boredom is getting busy. (Use your imagination, and start something that you really wanna do, options are limitless, or maybe limited by your money and situation... lol).

Fixmybrain likes this.
  10. That's not a bad idea actually

Get_It likes this.