1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by zakes, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

Oh dear.. That hasn't aged well :):)

2. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

Well they have to do something, literally nobody else plays their version of football...

3. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Good point...

4. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

That's not to say they play it very well... 45 <cough> 7

5. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

No, didn't think so.

Bombadil likes this.
  6. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I didn't expect it to. Lol!

USA have a pretty good rugby 7's team - they're currently ranked 2nd in the world. Some countries are better at 7's than 15's like Fiji.

7. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

You never know. In 2011 no one expected them to reach the final but they did and maybe this time they go even better. Upset can happen - no one expected Uruguay to beat Fiji.

8. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Interestingly this World Cup has had more men sent off than any other World Cup. I guess it's due to the concern over concussions. Still, I love how the players respect the ref - unlike other sports. Yesterday I listened to Nigel Owens on the Don't Tell Me The Score podcast where he talked about why rugby players respect the ref... I found it to be quite a moving interview. He reckons Wales will win the World Cup. Lol!

9. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Speaking of interesting tomorrows game between Argentina and USA will be very interesting. Both teams will be fighting for automatic qualification for the next World Cup. I expect Argentina will win it but it should be a rather competitive match.

10. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

It's not completely out of the question. They are ranked no. 2 in the world.

11. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Possibly.

I see there's this conspiracy theory going around now that World Rugby are favouring New Zealand. Sergio Parisse said if the All Blacks needed the points the game would have been played. At the very least it's poor planning on their behalf.

12. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Screenshot_20191013-220230_1.jpg

Lol! USA didn't win a single game.

But Japan have been incredible.

Speaking of incredible the Canadian game was called off because of the typhoon but they helped in the clean up efforts.

Bombadil likes this.
  13. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

This guy's lack of discipline got France knocked out of the World Cup

Screenshot_20191020-191959.png

Then all this happened :emoji_astonished:

Screenshot_20191023-195837_1.jpg

14. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

England got fined for disrespecting the haka but I think what they did was fine. What's a team to do? Just take it? Owen Farrell said they were standing up to NZ and I think that's perfectly fine. Anyway NZ seemed to be overwhelmed by England. If England play like they did they should win the World Cup.

15. M-mcfly

M-mcfly Fapstronaut

16. zakes

zakes Fapstronaut

Im South African. My heart says go the Boks!!

Here is an interesting stat: in 1995 SA won the world cup, 12 years later we won it again in 2007....and lastly it is 12 years now since last win.. Are you thinking what i am thinking

I took off from work to be at airport on day they bring the trophy home..

MLMVSS likes this.
  17. zakes

zakes Fapstronaut

Teams should be allowed to respond to haka.. To make it 100 percent fair

onceaking likes this.
  18. M-mcfly

M-mcfly Fapstronaut

I think if England had won in 2007 it would of been a shame as SA was a much more exciting team to watch whereas England ground out results. Now it’s the other way round so I hope your wrong.