1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How To Naturally Increase Testosterone Levels?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by DaveyCrockett, Oct 1, 2019.

1. DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett Fapstronaut

I just got the results back from a saliva testosterone test. My results are: 84 pg/mL of free testosterone. I've been lifting weights for 6 years now, and I've been taking cold showers for a little over 1 year now.

I am not on any medications. I don't do drugs. I don't drink alcohol (or soy). I don't have casual sex and I don't PMO, either ( I'm currently on 163 days of NoFap, my longest yet). I don't go to bed at midnight or later, either. I used to PMO almost every day over a year ago, so could this be that my testosterone levels are still recovering?

I don't want to have to take supplement pills every morning. I am looking for an all-natural approach to increase my testosterone, as well as things to avoid.

How is it that my free testosterone is only 84 pg/mL? I thought that my testosterone would be much higher. Will meditation help to improve my testosterone levels (via lowering cortisol)?

Any advice on how to naturally increase my testosterone would be much appreciated. 84 pg/mL of free testosterone is low for a 21 year old like me, right? I'm very concerned about my testosterone levels, even though the results read to be "normal".

Here is an online chart on testosterone levels: https://www.menshormonalhealth.com/normal-testosterone-levels.html

I appreciate any help on how to increase testosterone.

selfimprovement8008 and HolyPepa like this.
  2. Lifting weights obviously does it but you're already doing it.
    Your diet and how much you sleep also plays a big part in testosterone
    Vitamin deficiencies play a part in testosterone, Vitamin D especially.

If your doctor is saying it's normal but don't really rely on the result, go to other doctors and get their opinions, if they say it's normal then you have nothing to worry about, I guess that's just how your body is and how it regulates/releases testosterone.

3. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Forgive me for being blunt, but are you fat? Alternatively are you under 10% bodyfat? As far as I have understood, the most common causes of low testosterone are related to either age or bodyfat levels. Of course unless drugs are involved. For you the age and drugs doesn't seem to be an issue, so my guess is that you should lose weight.

On the other hand you did say that the results read to be normal. Then what's the problem really? Are you sure you aren't just being overly worried about a thing that's a non-issue?
    Do you have some indications of too low testosterone? Has a medical proffessional expressed concern for your testosterone levels?

Seriously if you don't have any real reasons to suspect that your t-levels are too low, perhaps the problem is in your head. Maybe you should just stop worrying.

Controller69 and Asgardian36 like this.
  4. First off, medical approach to correct testosterone is usually done with injection not pill, you would get an injection every 6 months.

For 21 year old to have low testosterone something big has to be going bad. So start with genetics - grand parents and parents, did they have issues with low testosterone?
    Low levels of this hormone cause reflect in behavioral patterns, indecisive, low self esteem, "soft" and emotional.
    Normal levels reflect as rational, decisive, firm
    High levels reflect as aggressive, physical, confrontational

If you do not see clear genetic indications for low testosterone in your father and grandfather, then we can explore other causes.

Most common issue is malnutrition and poor sleep.
    You tested for testosterone, but you should have also looked at vitamin and other deficiencies. It is very common for people to have nutrition limited diet and lack critical nutrients.
    There is a reason why some carrots cost $1 and others cost $2, why some beef is $10 and other is $30. Properly grown and produced food cost allot of money and it always has, low prices of things on the supermarket shelves is an illusion, cheap food for the masses is not cheap because we got so good at producing food, it is cheap because it has poor nutritional value and laced with pesticides.

This problem leads allot of people to nutrient deficiency and pesticides further affect hormone balance, so take this seriously. Take supplements and same rule applies to supplements, if you see Fish oil for $10 and there is another brand that costs $35 - I promise you there is a good reason for this price difference.

Finally most common problem is sleep deprivation, if you do not sleep the amount of time your body needs to sleep to recover - you will have problems overtime.
    I do not care what doctors recommend, I sleep 8-10 hours so I feel rested. Yes sometimes I get 6 hours due to commitments but I respect my sleep.

If you have intense workouts, you need even more quality food and even more sleep.

I pretty much guarantee that if you start eating quality food, take quality vitamins and get good quality sleep your testosterone will return to normal range.

Controller69 and Asgardian36 like this.
  5. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

I very much agree with Ronila's comment.

I am not sure if my T levels are low, but I do exhibit the symptoms.....being indecisive, soft, lack of self-esteem.

i have watched some videos on YT from Chad Howse....he tells how to increase T naturally....keep doing what you are doing....may be start running and eat Brazil Nuts everyday (max 4.)

6. DaveyCrockett

If only it were that easy. There are no issues with low testosterone levels in my family. No, I'm not fat, I have always eaten healthy and my current weight is approximately 86 kilograms.

Thanks for the reply, @Ronila & @Chappo030891 . For the past few years, my sleep has been interrupted frequently by the need to urinate at various hours late at night and early in the morning. Perhaps waking up several times during the night can lower testosterone levels, then. I have heard one person in a video say that powdered ashwagandha can help with preventing the need to urinate so frequently, and also that ashwagandha in powdered form as a supplement can help reduce over-thinking. Here's the ashwagandha video:

My self-esteem has been low for a very long time, many years, since I don't know when. I tend to over-think and over-stress too much, yet it has slightly decreased since I have been on NoFap. I think that the almost habitual stressing, over-thinking, worrying and being awoken frequently during sleep is what is holding me back right now in my NoFap journey. I would worry a lot when I was a boy, too. It has usually taken me over an hour to fall asleep, for many, many years, too.

I'll buy some powdered ashwagandha, try it out, and if I still have any issues after a few weeks of taking it, then I will re-evaluate what else could be lowering my testosterone in this thread. (I know I said that I didn't want to try any supplements, although, ashwagandha is still natural)

Thanks for the replies!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Asgardian36 likes this.
  7. No, No and one more time No. If your testosterone is measured and is found to be half of what it should be - it is not in your head, you have a major health problem, you should work to address.
    Low levels of testosterone are devastating, this is not something to play with and hope for the best.

Frequent urination should be taken seriously and explored, you may have underlying issue, like and an infection or other disease that you are not seeing.

8. DaveyCrockett

I suppose I should see a doctor about these problems that I have been having for a while, then. I'll schedule an appointment tomorrow.

9. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

I don't get it, how can the results read to be normal if it is half of what it should be?

Anyways, seeing a doctor wouldn't hurt indeed.

FX-05 likes this.
  10. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

thats good, man! I hope it works for you! Anyways...i hope you looked into how running can increase T.

11. HolyPepa

HolyPepa Fapstronaut

Hey, I think that natural testosterone boosters like dark chocolate and avocados can help to raise testosterone in natural way.

12. selfimprovement8008

selfimprovement8008 Fapstronaut

Look into rich piana 5 percent nutrition liver and organ defender t has zinc vitamin d and saw palmetto and other useful thinghs
    take ashwaghanda
    do heavy weights (especially on the big exercises in especially squats, bench, overhead press, deadlift, bend over row,weighted pull ups if able to)
    light weights at extremely high reps ( 100 to 300)
    honey i tbsp before bed for a good nights sleep
    red meat (if able to )
    curd is good for immune health bsically eat the red meat but the probiotics in curd will help in digestion as well as be a potasium sources to prevent bloatedness
    fish oil
    garlic ( one to two pieces) before the red meat to eliminate bacteria
    garlic in general before bed with milk or when wake up
    pray/meditate/yoga to relieve stress thus lower cortisol
    whole fat milk/goat or cow
    cheese ( the organic )
    organic food in general
    play a competitive sport
    masculine habits (fishing , building a shed, chess, etc )

13. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

14. Niyaz

Niyaz Fapstronaut

Any test to calculate testosterone level?. .

15. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Sounds like you are doing everything you can, apart from diet. If your diet is in order the only answer is trt