1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How long to take cold shower for

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 5, 2019.

1. How long do people taking cold showers, aim for. Just a couple of minutes or longer?

2. an0n8200

an0n8200 Fapstronaut

I take 10 minutes

3. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

10 minutes is good. It has to be sustained, not just a few moments. Completely become one with the water.

4. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

How long is a normal shower for you?

jtd70 likes this.
  5. jtd70

jtd70 Fapstronaut

What are the benefits of cold showers? I find them really difficult but will have them if they work. Do they have physical benefits aside from avoiding PMO?

6. I agree with them that 10 minutes is good, but you have to realise that the goal isn't to sit in the water for 10 minutes. It's to wake up, with your body naturally wanting a warm/hot shower and shocking your body with cold water to wake it up.

It works because you're training to resist against your mind's want for comfort.

Honestly even 5 minutes is fine :)

7. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

2-3 minutes, just do the length of a normal shower.

8. Yes they do.
    I started cold showers a few weeks back and here is my list of things that changed directly or indirectly through cold showers.

1. time. Simple the time I was spending taking normal showers was 30/40 min a day. Now it’s down to 10 min max.
    2. mind over matter. You don’t want to take these cold showers but you still do because your the boss in your body and not some part of your brain craving for comfort.
    3. they help me with urges.
    4. the warm feeling after the shower is awesome. Your arteries get wider thus you feel warm ( and burn calories a little)
    5. it’s actually helpful for the immun system to be in this cold shock status for a while. I don’t wanna get into medical detail but it’s helps your immun system ‚staying awake‘.
    6. as far as I know it raises your testosterone level slightly. I didn’t measure it but some research has been done.

All in all I will stick to it.

Milhouse Van Houten likes this.
  9. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

Looking forward to winter so I can finally take some COLD showers.

10. jtd70

jtd70 Fapstronaut

Seems like cold shower have a lot of benefits. I will start having them straight away

11. Cold showers have been helping me so much. Cold showers (cold therapy) activates and helps tone the Vagal Nerve, which helps with a lot of things. I find that cold showers help improve my mood.

The Symbol of Hope likes this.