1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditation - for Beginners

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by MercaMerca, Oct 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. MercaMerca

MercaMerca Fapstronaut

Does somebody have good advices ( e.g. websites ...) for someone who started Meditation but doesnt get really into it ? When i try to do meditation i am feeling doing this mechanically. So, which advices would you tell to a beginner ? What had helped you while starting Meditation ?

2. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

One translation for meditation is practise. So practise, pracise, practise in order to get better at practising :D

I'd recommend to stick to the buddhists, they know best about this stuff.

FX-05 likes this.
  3. MercaMerca

MercaMerca Fapstronaut

Ok, there will be no other solutions than Practice. And being patient with myself. Thats definitly something i have to learn. ;)

4. Quoowahb

Quoowahb Fapstronaut

Are you part of any particular spiritual tradition? I was raised Christian, so I might read a Psalm and think about the nature of God. I just pondered perfect love, and even experienced it briefly. Really, just about any tradition works; you are developing mental discipline. It just takes consistent time set apart for that purpose. You might even develop your own style of meditation.