1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm old and I still don't get it.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Infrasapiens, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I am an adult, but I have been a child for more time than I have been an adult. When I was a child I never understood why adults did or wanted to do stuff in a certain way, and I thought that when I became an adult, I would understand them. But I'm an adult now, and I still do not get them.

Dude, why there are rules about doing essays? And worse yet, why do they get updated? The other day I had to do one and the teacher told me I had to send it again because the margin size was wrong. So I suppose unless the margins are right, the whole essay turns into klingon and the teacher is not able to read it.

2. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Well adults don't agree on everything (or, anything), so I doubt they could explain themselves to a fellow adult any better than they could a child.

Regarding the essay you were set as a child, the teacher was testing you in other ways than just your quality of writing. For example, your ability to follow instructions in a very precise way. This is a useful skill to develop, even if it seems a bit pointless and nit-picking when applied to your school essay.

onceaking and Deleted Account like this.
  3. There are different kind of ”adults” just like there are different kind of ”children”.
    I mean, youre a child when youre 5, and youre a child when youre 15 - HUGE difference!

Youre ”adult” when you are 22, and adult when you are 50 - Also a HUGE difference.

In your 20s you can still be immature and find it hard to act your age, your brain isnt fully developed until youre 25ish.

Im recently 24 and I assure you, I am not nearly ready to be an ”adult man”. Give it like 6 more years.

4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Dude that essay was last week.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  5. This ^ ;)

6. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Fapstronaut

29 here and still as naive as my username portrays.

need4realchg and fredisthebes like this.
  7. Being old doesn't guarantee wisdom or intelligence.

8. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

It is not what I meant. What I mean is that there are stuff that people do that doesn't make any sense and the closest thing to an explanation you can get is "That is just the way it is", implying that no one really knows why those things are done. I suppose you don't have to give explanations to anyone as an adult.

9. What kind of things would that be? o_O

10. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Drinking until becoming a buffoon and passing out. Most people I know say they like to drink until everything goes dark because it is a fun experience. I went out to a friend's house to drink (It has his birthday), and when I started laughing I knew I had to stop, so I did, and I stayed conscious to suffer what happens next.

You may say "Well, you have stated that you don't know how to have fun. Maybe you are the problem." And I would completely agree with you, if it weren't for the fact that every drunk person wants to die when they wake up after passing out, and the "fun" they had is just a blur now. And even after that, they are willing to do it again.

11. Sounds like the people you are surrounding yourself with lack maturity. I dont think you will find any type of reasoning in those kinds of people.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  12. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

It is the whole country.

need4realchg likes this.
  13. And what country is that?

14. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

A very hated place, I preffer not to say it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. coldhearted

coldhearted Fapstronaut

That makes me even more curious.

16. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Too bad dude.

17. The best is when you ask why something is done a certain way and the consistent answer is "that's the way it has always been done". I had the same experience at work a while back. I asked out of curiosity why our report text font is times new roman and the footer with the page numbers is arial. I couldn't get an explanation other than "that's how it's always been done as long as I have worked here". To me, that's worse than just being told to do something. At least give me a good reason why, even if it is a load of bs!

Your post made me think of this situation. I've just learned to pick my battles or else I would drive myself crazy focusing on all of these minute details and why certain things are the way they are.

18. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

Adults can be even worse than children. Look at the entire U.S. main stream media and the left.

19. You can say that again.

Get_It likes this.
  20. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

Awhile ago I got a chance to see Tucker Carlson speak in San Francisco and he mentioned that the status quo Politicians in Washington hate Trump just for that very reason that he had the audacity to question all kinds of fucked up things that are just considered normal in Washington and dare say he's going in a different direction.

As a former Surfer stoner leftist I remember when I first discovered 4chan /pol/. It was a culture shock for me! One by one they called me out on my leftist bullshit and convinced me that the left wants people to buy into their bullshit worldview and that the real world is a brutal place with brutal realities. I realized I had on rose colored Unicorn bullshit colored glasses going through life and finally convinced me that leftism means nothing but "feelings", not facts or realities, strictly feelings and moral superiority ie. virtue-signaling.