1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Thanks Artifact! That is awesome.

NICEDUDE likes this.
  2. James280

James280 Fapstronaut

Hey what’s up - I’m in

discovery likes this.
  3. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

4. Pirate3819

Pirate3819 Fapstronaut

The key for this weekend is being aware of the chaser effect. I plan to incorporate cold shower and meditation more often. Also, I plan to do push ups until I cannot feel my arms when I feeling overwhelmed.

I noticed that my withdraw effects (aka urges) increase dramatically when I take warm showers, drink alcohol, or eat sugar. Avoided this is a must for my success.

discovery likes this.
  5. James280

James280 Fapstronaut

Have you guys seen the brain buddy app? It’s really helping me a lot !

6. Day 7. Has been a great week, God has been good.

Hope your all going well.

7. Well done brother, God is good.

persona2903, NICEDUDE and discovery like this.
  8. SarahStrong

SarahStrong Fapstronaut

Checking in on a Saturday night ;)! I am doing good so far if I don't think about it or think about the person I wanted to do it with. Working on my mind, because that is where the problem starts in the first place.

NICEDUDE, artifact and discovery like this.
  9. Despicable me

Despicable me Fapstronaut

Day 1.
    Had sex and orgasm on friday night and saturday morning. After that, the chaser effect took over and MOd three times.

discovery likes this.
  10. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Checking in.. Day 5.

11. Rebooter13

Rebooter13 Fapstronaut

I noticed a guy outside of this group posting about a "pay 2 play" mobile app.@artifact i don;t know if it's a spam or not..
    Anyway this post triggered me and after soem searching i found a good FREE app that maybe could be helpfull to some of us.If someone is interested pm me for more info.

12. Muse1984

Muse1984 New Fapstronaut

Any openings for me to join?

13. 2pres90

2pres90 Fapstronaut

Yes. I'm still here. Been busy working but updating my counter whenever I reset.

artifact likes this.
  14. Well I made it 90 days which is far and away my best streak without MO. I did 5 months without P a few years ago but was MOing the whole time, never realizing that too much MO is part of the problem. This group has definitely been helpful to me - gives us a sense of community I suppose, so thank you guys.

The last couple days has been pretty tough (lots of urges), but I didn't cave in. After 90 days I do feel like the logical part of my brain has gained strength while the primitive limbic side as weakened some, but it's still there and still has plenty of strength to tempt me. I am very aware that a full recovery and normalization of life will take quite a bit longer.

Some of the more specific positive changes I've noticed:

1. A bit better focus - my mind still wanders too much though and fantasies are still a problem.
    2. A little more confidence - Perhaps partly because of the achievement but also the fading insecurities that PMO instills in me. P always made me feel like I wasn't good enough and I didn't even realize what was going on. The damage it does is insidious.
    3. A little more productivity - it's a little easier to get started on the things I need/want to get done.
    4. A little less anxiety and more desire to go out and be social
    5. I no longer look for times or ways to go look at P or edge or anything like that.

Keep fighting guys. Once you get on a good streak you're brain will start to heal. 90 days is not the end but it's decent start. It seems like a long time when looking at it from the early days but once you hit 90 you realize it went by fast. Hopefully I don't screw it up - have to always stay alert.

Espi1971, Timber, persona2903 and 7 others like this.
  15. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

Congratulations!!! And thank you for these words of encouragement. I will reach 90 days one day. I believe I can do it.

discovery and artifact like this.
  16. The group is currently full but I can add you to the waiting list. It will probably be a couple of months before we have an opening for you. Reply to this comment to be added to the waiting list.

17. @Raskolnikov II ! Congratulations on your 90 days yesterday. You are the newest member of the 90 Day Hall of Achievement. :emoji_trophy::emoji_juggling::emoji_lifter::cool:

Timber, discovery and Wolf2019 like this.
  18. The group is currently full. If you would like to be placed on the waiting list, please read the rules at the beginning of this thread.

NICEDUDE likes this.
  19. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Check in Monday morning. Predictable weekend again.

20. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Monday check in... Hope you're doing well.