1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Games

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by One Eyed Owl, Oct 10, 2019.

1. I’m not a huge gamer and when I do play it’s on a console.

I wouldn’t say these are my favorite but rather just ones I’ve played recently:

• GTA5.
    • Hellblade.
    • RDR2.
    • Anything for SNES.

2. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

I have been waiting for someone to acknowledge the pure beauty of Monopoly, Risk, chess, pool, snooker, and badminton. They are the most underrated games that I have ever played.

3. One Eyed Owl

Yeah, the custom stories in Amnesia are some the best that I have seen. Luigi's Mansion was so good, I just hope that LM3 won't be disponiting like Dark Moon was.

4. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

CS 1.6 is the latest patch of the original Counter Strike. So before they updated it to 1.6, it was called 1.5, 1.4, 1.3, etc. Geometry Wars is a shoot 'em up. You're basically a small ship and you have to shoot the enemies that appear on the screen. Many of the enemies are made up of shapes, hence the name "Geometry Wars". There are blue diamonds, green squares, circular black holes, etc. It has no story line or anything like that. It's very basic, but very addictive.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  5. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Hotline Miami.
    Deus Ex.

I like other stuff but I can only think of those two right now.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  6. For me (no order):

- Secret of Mana
    - Tales of Phantasia
    - Zelda A Link to the Past
    - Zelda Link's Awakening
    - Final Fantasy VII
    - Final Fantasy IX
    - Silent Hill 3
    - Silent Hill 2
    - Resident Evil 2
    - Metal Gear Solid
    - Metal Gear Solid V
    - Lineage 2
    - Dead Space
    - Farcry
    - Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    - Red Alert
    - Command & Conquer
    - Dark Souls
    - Dark Souls 3
    - Sekiro
    - Doom
    - GTA V (never played San Andreas but was told it's the best)
    - The Witcher I & 3 (never played 2 but is great too apparently)
    - Street Fighter III: Third Strike
    - Tekken 3
    - Outlast
    - Pokemon Red/Blue
    - Pokemon Gold/Silver
    - Harvest Moon
    - Skyrim
    - Minecraft

And more that I forget

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  7. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

DOOM DUDE.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  8. One Eyed Owl

Yeah I really Zelda, though I could never get into the handheld games.

Have played Tales of Symphonia or Bersia?

9. Ayyy

One Eyed Owl and Deleted Account like this.
  10. One of the best games I’ve ever played, especially from Kojima.
    [​IMG]

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  11. Any of the Persona games, Final Fantasy VII, and the Borderlands games are all really good.

12. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

MGS4? I've heard it's a great movie! ;D

On a more serious note though, even with all the bad reviews I've heard, I'm looking forward to playing it.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  13. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Well, not excatly reviews, more like opinions of certain people. Also not straight forward bad, but I've heard complaints about the amount and duration of cutscenes. That's why some people jokingly call it a great movie.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  14. 4 is usually overshadowed by 3. And don't get me wrong, 3 was incredible and it was the first MGS I ever played. But I think the chronological finale should be the best, and that's how it turned out. And 4 was supposed to be the last game too, but Konami wanted to push 5 out on the next gen consoles. Snake vs. Liquid in Outer Haven was the best MGS boss fight. And like you said, the story was downright poetic, so many tearjerking moments.

One Eyed Owl and Deleted Account like this.
  15. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Yeah, I don't think that's going to be a problem for me either. :D Story is what I find so great about MGS-games anyways, so while the balancing between gameplay and story is usually pretty important, I think I can look past it this time. Although I'll have to make sure I'm not in a hurry to anywhere when playing, because holy shit 45 minutes is long.

16. I been hearing a lot about Persona recently. Which one do you recommend to start with the franchise?

I hesitated between Persona 5 and Nier Automata last week and orderwd myaeld Nier Automata but might buy a Persona game too.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  17. I actually first played them in the order of 2, 4, 3, 5, and 1, but that was just the order I was introduced to them and bought them. You could play them by themselves without having worry about playing any of the others. 1 and 2 are pretty outdated if you're used to playing newer games and I would say they're grittier and darker than the ones after it, which I definitely like. 3, 4 and 5 would be the newer games that would be easier on the eyes for you to play. 3 still carries on a dark theme from the ones before it, but not as much. I would say my favorites are torn between 4 and 5. I would say to start with 5, as they did a really good job in making a next game in the series. The music, the graphics, the characters, and the world all blew me away when I first played it and I couldn't recommend it enough for a next game to get. Then if you decide you like it you could try the classics that came before it.

18. Come to think of it, no one mentioned the master piece Last of Us.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  19. I thought that game was really hyped up and overrated when it came out, I didn’t see what was so special about it. I mean once you figured out quickly how the game worked it got so boring, cover based combat and how the levels were in sections seriously killed it for me. You could always tell it was a battle area when there is convenient cover objects like pillars everywhere. lol

I thought the coolest and best looking part was in the beginning, that would of been cool to explore after the whole virus thing.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  20. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thank you One Eyed Owl. It is Two Eyed Owl here, lol! ;)

Yes, they are all great games and no pixel or screen needed. :) Snooker gets you out; badminton gets you fit; Monopoly and Risk are really good for social interactions with people in person. These are the games that bring value in my opinion.

One Eyed Owl likes this.