1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Verses

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. csjer61

csjer61 New Fapstronaut

Brothers,
    what are some verses that have encouraged you so far in this journey?

I have been encouraged by Romans 6:1-11.

What should we say then? Should we continue in sin so that grace may multiply? 2 Absolutely not! How can we who died to sin still live in it? 3 Or are you unaware that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we were buried with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too may walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been united with him in the likeness of his death, we will certainly also be in the likeness of his resurrection. 6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be rendered powerless so that we may no longer be enslaved to sin, 7 since a person who has died is freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him, 9 because we know that Christ, having been raised from the dead, will not die again. Death no longer rules over him. 10 For the death he died, he died to sin once for all time; but the life he lives, he lives to God. 11 So, you too consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Our sinful bodies were buried with Christ in the grave and we are resurrected with him into new life!

What has encouraged you recently?

Victoriousone and Tao Jones like this.
  2. teece

teece Fapstronaut

Great verses, I'll share two if I may, one I've been meditating on for a few days
    Romans 13:14 Rather clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ and do not think how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

And the other, probably completely out of context
    Micah 2:13 One who breaks open the way will go up before them; they will break through the gate and go out. The king will pass through before them the Lord at their head.

With the Lord at the head I'm trusting to break through this problem and go out into complete freedom.

Tao Jones likes this.
  3. Speaking of freedom, I always like Galatians 5:1 --

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."

4. NerdBeagle

NerdBeagle Fapstronaut

2 Timothy 2:22 - So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.

Proverbs 5:23 - He dies for lack of discipline, and because of his great folly he is led astray.

mrtumnus and Tao Jones like this.