1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Thanks bro got carried away by that beautiful biblical verses!

2. Pirate3819

Pirate3819 Fapstronaut

Checking in. Today was pretty rough but I am pushing through the hard times. This group has kept me strong with the encouragement and I really do not want to restart my counter. One week down!

3. @JJ_Kino are you still with us? You haven't commented on this thread in almost 30 days.

4. @AEC Josh2415 congrats on your 30 days yesterday! Let's keep it going. :cool:

discovery, persona2903 and Timber like this.
  5. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Hi
    Hi yes I am still here, struggling to get my head around this and a little bit of alcohol induced anxiety doesn't help either.

I'll keep active. Cheers

artifact and GottaBFree like this.
  6. Encouraging to hear that brother! Right on!

7. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Congratulations @Pirate3819 for this week of victory!

Pirate3819 and discovery like this.
  8. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Day 160.
    Sorry, but today I will use some lines to do "therapy"
    Analyzing myself, I see that today the danger is not the desire of PM, but the desire for pleasure or immediate satisfaction ... PM is the quick way out that I always used. But that exit is closed.
    So let's see ... why do I need pleasure / satisfaction today and now? Processing ...
    • Because I'm a little tired
    • Because I perceive that I don't have clear and motivating objectives
    • Because I have not received "applause" towards me in recent days (what a shame to depend on the approval of others!)
    So:
    I will ask the Lord for new power, take a shower to renew strength, set motivational goals, organize my time and seek the company of some good friends.​
    Have a great weekend and thanks for reading!

9. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Checking in. Good luck over the weekend to everyone!

10. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

I am giving you my applause, but you know, it kind of muffled because my paws are padded. LOL

Being in this group is really helping me stay on track. It is kind of like being in a car race, doing laps, trying not to fall behind. I really appreciate this group.

11. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Well put! And you can always howl to compensate :emoji_bridge_at_night:

Wolf2019 likes this.
  12. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Checking in. Double digits!

13. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Yes, just don’t mark the posts you like :)

14. AEC Josh2415

AEC Josh2415 Fapstronaut

Oh look, I would have stayed at 4th place. But I had a rough patch the last couple weeks. I'll update my signature...

persona2903 and GottaBFree like this.
  15. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

Oh HAHA I see what you did there...

discovery likes this.
  16. SarahStrong

SarahStrong Fapstronaut

Thank you!!!

artifact and discovery like this.
  17. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

This is very sober and very measured.

Why do I want pleasure today? A stressful week at work (surprise surprise, another one), I’m tired.

Solution? Slow down, enjoy the rich texture of the present moment... I just kissed my toddler good night and he told me he loved me. I am now holding a new born in a carrier and walking down the street. The air is cold and the Autumn is here. Somewhere deep inside I am connected to the Eternal, to the Root of all. The “I” can dissolve there. It doesn’t need to grab at the low hanging fruit of self induced pleasure.

Have a good weekend, folks!

18. 2pres90

2pres90 Fapstronaut

Checking in on Day 6. October has been a pretty good month. My weekdays have been effortless though my weekends have not. I have a job today and then plan to go to the gym. Tomorrow is wide open and potentially problematic but I've scheduled a dinner with friends (and am treating it as a celebration for a PMO-free week).

19. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Checking in ... struggling to go beyond four days.

Wolf2019 likes this.
  20. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

This is beautiful. But all I can think about is "don't trip with that baby while you're texting and walking!" :D

Timber and discovery like this.