1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Greatest books you have ever read for a man?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by FailingForward, Oct 18, 2019.

1. FailingForward

FailingForward Fapstronaut

What are the greatest/inspirational books that you have read? Pretty cool if NoFap was involved, but either way feel free to share.

A41:14A likes this.
  2. Alphabeast

Alphabeast New Fapstronaut

You can try Think & grow rich, especially chapter-11 ( sex transmutation).

Angus McGyver and A41:14A like this.
  3. "The Code of the Extraordinary Mind" by Vishen Lakhiani. There were many concepts here that changed my mindset, the way I thought about personal growth, and how to do things. I think of it like a super book because It has so much life changing information and so many concepts all packed into one book that will improve your life and the way you think about it forever, and I highly recommend it to anyone trying to change themselves for the better.
    I also recommend going to the Mindvalley website which is the company that Vishin Lakhiani is the founder of and they have some really cool free courses that you can do.

"The Power of Habit" by Charles Duhigg. This book shows you how habits make up a lot of the things that we do in our lives and that we can change habits a lot easier if we understand the process behind them. Thinking about it like a process made it a lot easier to change any bad habits I might have had into good habits, and understand how important a routine is in my life.

"Digital Minimalism" by Cal Newport. This gives you a good strategy to not waste any more time than you absolutely need to on the internet. Digital Minimalism is a philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else. It was useful when I felt like I was spending too much time on social media.

vad, Protagonist and marchforth like this.
  4. Feeling Good, by Dr David Burns. A classic about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy

5. “Can’t Hurt Me:Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds” by David Goggins.

While it’s not directly related to NoFap, it is helpful.

6. You_ll_succed_for_sure

You_ll_succed_for_sure Fapstronaut

The epistol of John in the Bible.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

If you are not used to reading there are several shorter books written by James Allen at the beginning of the last century (such as "As a man thinketh" and "All things added") will help you greatly in wrapping your mind around the subject of metaphysics and how your own thoughts and thinking does affect your mind and entire life as a whole.
    Those will also be great tools for your own personal development as long as you follow the advices that are outlined in his writings.

A41:14A likes this.
  8. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

I was reading "Idioten" in my native language (Swedish) 6-7 years ago and I really enjoyed it, despite it being quite heavy reading overall. But, I am always confused by how strangely the authors last name is written in English.
    Why not just spell it out "Dostojevskij" like it is done in the other Germanic languages?

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Hundred Eyes

Hundred Eyes Fapstronaut

The Untethered Soul by Micheal A Singer (and related books by him) and anything by Eckhardt Tolle - just to get you understanding how you are made up, and how habits and thoughts are just rubbish that has been held on to and can be released

10. TheForsakeen

TheForsakeen Fapstronaut

The third chimpazee - jared diamond

11. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

If we're not counting religious scriptures, I would say 'Screwtape Letters' by C.S. Lewis. It's basically about a demon who tries to get a christian to fall away from Christianity. It's absolutely brilliant; I can't recommend it enough. :)

12. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

'Meditations', 'The Power of now' and 'zen and the art of motorcycle maintenence'.