1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Borderlands 3 is more addictive than PMO

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by C12345, Oct 22, 2019.

1. C12345

C12345 Fapstronaut

Man I have just been binging this game for the past couple weeks. Story is garbage but once you hit level 50 and start leveling up your guardian ranks you become an angel of death. Urges haven't been as bad either because I'm thinking about boss farming and getting new guns instead of PMO. Anyone else been playing it?

2. Moderation is the name of the game. Try to control it. Been there, done that. No good came of it.

Deleted Account, recon117 and C12345 like this.
  3. When I ever get the dosh I want to pick that up, I loved playing the first one with my SO and I heard there’s a lot of similarities between the two.

C12345 likes this.
  4. vocalfry

vocalfry Fapstronaut

Slowly lost interest in games when I realised they were actively trying to steer attention into themselves, then the pay to win thing started getting bigger, and I started realising they were no longer concerned about selling the games, they could now count on so many to distract themselves with them, that they were now moving on to consistent mining of peoples pockets to play them. Then my interest dwindled. Used to enjoy the battlefield series of games most.

5. Not every game is like that, it’s usually the bigger studios and some “blockbuster” titles (mostly MP which I don’t play). A simple bit of research will tell you if a game is scummy and only wants your money, though that’s nothing new and has been going on for years.

C12345 likes this.
  6. vocalfry

vocalfry Fapstronaut

I just developed new interests. For example, a feature of some fantasy/rpg games are creatures called Kobolds, dog head people with rudimentary technology, I presume you are familiar with them? You might then like to look up Cenocephali, and the historical accounts of them, if memory serves there's a nicely narrated on youtube by a 9th century monk asking if they have souls.

7. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Try to find different hobbies. Lol, I had a mate who was addicted to video games. I told him to break out of it, even if it means drawing the characters or anything like that. That way, he’s at least practicing a skill while not necessarily quitting video game binging cold turkey. He tried it and a few years later he did quite well on that, and branches out into drawing other stuff.

Even if you have to go that path, or writing or music remixes or something involving video games, at least try to find something to better your time and improve your skillset.

C12345 likes this.
  8. coconutplums

coconutplums Fapstronaut

Duuuuuude. I want to play so bad. I was so hooked on borderlands 2... pretty sure I had every skin....
    So the plot is shit? How so? I am a story girl, I can't deal with a crap plot.

9. C12345

C12345 Fapstronaut

It isn't awful but to me the characters are kind of bland and there are cutscenes in this one that are just kind of awkward. You'll have play it to find out. I still give it a 10/10

coconutplums and Deleted Account like this.
  10. coconutplums

coconutplums Fapstronaut

I will definitely try it out when I have the moneys for it. :D

C12345 likes this.