1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Games

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by One Eyed Owl, Oct 10, 2019.

1. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Since some people here seem to be interested in tabletop games, I'll give you some tabletop recommendations too.

Seven Wonders (It's really good and manages to have just the right amount of luck involved to create some variation, but to not completely ruin someone's game by randomly bullshitting them. Can get boring if played too much, but it's difficult to play too much this masterpiece.)

Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation (This might very well be my favourite. Too bad it's just for two players and can get repetitive if played with the same opponent over and over again. A great deal of the thrill of the game comes from not knowing where the opponent has placed any spesific unit. Knowing your opponent can easily ruin the fun of having to guess which unit you are going up against and take risks. And since only my brother is as interested in playing it as I am, I can play it unfortunately rarely.)

Chess (A classic. A very complex game of strategy, tactics, skill and pattern recognition. Memorizing moves is unfortunately common in some higher levels of play, but most of the players will never be good enough to be bothered by that. Also there will always be portions of the game where you'll have to rely on your skills instead of your memory, because it's impossible to remember all the possible games. Sometimes chess gets really frustrating, but I think it's still totally worth it.)

Also although I haven't had enough opportunities to play tabletop rpg's to tell you which ones are good, I would like to point out generally that tabletop rpg's are awesome. The amount of freedom a game played solely in the imagination of the players and the conversation between them is so great that sometimes I think that a good tabletop rpg beats a good video game. Sure there are rules to follow, but even with that tabletop rpg's give you more control over the story and your character's actions than a video game could ever give. And as a game master you can freely execute your vision without having to worry about wether your non-existent programming skills are ever going to get good enough.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  2. Strife05

Strife05 New Fapstronaut

Minecraft
    Undertale
    Deltarune
    Doki Doki Literature Club
    Everlasting Summer
    Dead Cells
    Factorio
    Garry's Mod
    Kingdom New Land
    Kingdom Two Crowns
    Metal Gear Rising
    Hyper Light Drifter
    Monster Hunter
    Plague Inc
    Helf Life 2
    Fable The Lost Chapter
    Project Zomboid
    Punch Club
    Stick Fight
    Wizard of Legend
    Spore
    Subnautica
    The Zelda series
    The Kirby series

These are my favorite, and some of all the ones I've played

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  3. Triplex VII

Triplex VII Fapstronaut

I have 5 favorite game/game series of all time:
    1) Halo series, on xbox
    2) Elder Scrolls series, on xbox
    3) Savage Skies, on PS2
    4) Gauntlet Dark Legacy, on PS2
    5) Megaman X, on Super Nintendo

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  4. [​IMG]

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  5. Fraladin

Fraladin Fapstronaut

My Top 10:
    1. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    2. Halo
    3. World of Warcraft
    4. Gears of War
    5. Portal 2
    6. SteamWorld Dig 2
    7. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    8. Super Smash Bros: Ultimate
    9. Sonic Adventure 2
    10. Metroid Prime
    This aren't in any order. They're just my favourites that came to the top of my head first.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  6. In no particular order:

Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Fox was my go-to guy, when people piss me off, Bowser it is lol)
    Grand Theft Auto 5 (solely for online play, despite it being really toxic)
    Grand Theft Auto 3
    Forza Horizon 3 (not Horizon 4 since a lot of the cars sound like complete shit)
    Twisted Metal 2
    Twisted Metal 3
    Twisted Metal Black (incredibly dark and graphic storylines, but I still love it)
    Project Cars 2
    DiRT Rally 2.0
    Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2
    Just about all Burnout games
    Danger Zone (Burnout-like)
    Test Drive 5
    Test Drive 6

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2019
    One Eyed Owl likes this.
  7. I still got that on PS2
    [​IMG]

8. Ugh, this could be a long one, but I'll try. I like to mod games, so I'll be counting those.

• The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Love modding this game.
    • Fallout 4 (modded). By itself, I think the game is pretty weak. Modded, it's amazing.
    • Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. Fantastic vampire/horror RPG.
    • Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon. Best Spyro game me and my sister have ever played.
    • Warhawk. This game has given us a lot of laughs.
    • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2. Same as the above. Laughter galore.
    • God of War 3.
    • Resident Evil 6. Love the gameplay, screw the story.
    • Dark Souls 2. I found the PvP to be addicting.
    • Shadow of Mordor/War. Love the gameplay, screw the story.
    • The Sims 3. The possibilities in this game...
    • The Sims 4 (modded). By itself, the game is shallow as hell. Modded, it's pretty damn addicting.
    • Soul Calibur 6.
    • Tekken 6.
    • The Wolf Among Us.
    • Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2.
    • Monster Hunter World: Iceborne.
    • Warframe.
    I lost my copy of Dawn of the Dragon and Hot Pursuit 2 sometime ago, though. Still hurts. There's very likely more, but that's just some of my personal favorites. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2019
    One Eyed Owl likes this.
  9. I logged so many hours on that game

One Eyed Owl and Deleted Account like this.
  10. I really liked the PS2 version and I played that for many months, but I would have to say going even further back the longest one I played was NFS: High Stakes on the PS1. Nothing police wise (other than Most Wanted) has beaten that game for me.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  11. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

Too bad I don't play any games.

One Eyed Owl and Hold it in like this.
  12. DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett Fapstronaut

Right..."master piece".

Too difficult, and not in the same way that NoFap is difficult, since chess is a game and there's no tangible reward at the end of the game.

You aren't missing a thing.

One Eyed Owl and Hold it in like this.
  13. American.Psycho

American.Psycho Fapstronaut

I quit gaming due to the fact i was addicted but here's my list from games I played 7 months ago.

Dragon Ball Z Fighters
    Overwatch
    Sadly BF2 [ea]
    cuphead
    dark souls
    team fortress
    cs go
    subnautica
    doom
    portal
    destiny
    Rainbow 6 siege
    and roblox that's all i remember.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  14. This is a list of my top 10 games but their order is random. I’m a real sucker for story-based games so there will be a lot of RPGs and Adventures. I picked the games in the list based on their replayability so certain linear story games (e.g. Fran Bow) were excluded from the main list.

1. Fallout (1/2/New Vegas)
    2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
    3. Dragon Age: Origins
    4. Deus Ex (Original/Human Revolution)
    5. The Sims 2
    6. Civilization IV
    7. Life is Strange
    8. The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)
    9. SSX 3
    10. Burnout 3

Honorable mentions: Undertale, Resident Evil 4, Saints Row IV, Night in the Woods, Fran Bow, Final Fantasy X, Jak & Daxter, Mass Effect 2, This War of Mine, Hitman: Blood Money.

15. One addition to my list: People Playground

One Eyed Owl likes this.