1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NoFap and car enthusiasts??

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Reborn16, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Growing up I was always into my imports and muscle cars, had a dream to one day own a turbo Nissan import as a teen!

I'm one of those guys that watches the original Fast & Furious every year lol...

Have owned a few 'fun cars'. But sold them quickly as I thought they were not a sensible option at the time.

Now I'm starting to think about living in the moment again... You know, selling a modern and reliable car, to buy something older but much more fun.

Just curious if anyone here has also gotten back into their car passion during NoFap?

overclocked and Toni7 like this.
  2. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

For sure. I have a 1993 VW Corrado VR6 project. Love wrenching when I can make the time.

overclocked and Reborn16 like this.
  3. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Well I had to look that up! Very interesting, only 100 sold in my country apparently... Haven't owned a hot hatch but think they make a lot of sense (and are huge fun). Cheers!

4. I've always had a passion for cars. I'm a die hard Viper fan ever since one drove by me as a kid I thought it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Working on cars at my job, I've come across some cool cars. There was a Lotus Elise last year that came in for an oil change and brakes, a late 80s Corvette for two tires and just a few months ago we had a straight piped TVR Chimaera with a starting issue

5. I have never managed to watch any single movie in that series. I am lucky if I manage to survive 30 mins into them.

6. I've seen them all. Each one gets more ludicrous, but I still enjoy them

7. badbanana

badbanana Fapstronaut

heck yes, I live near my work so I had no problem inheriting my grandfather's 72 dodge d100. I drive this bad boy every day. Everytime I break down we just pull her on back to the house.

8. avoidingbadthings

avoidingbadthings New Fapstronaut

Glad to see I'm not the only car enthusiast here

Reborn16 likes this.
  9. Fuck yeah. Porsche 911, G-Wagon, Audi RS6, BMW M5. Just a few of my favorites. Also love Lambos, especially in matte black. Rolls Royce is sweet asf. Yeah I have a large taste of many different varieties of cars.

Reborn16 and avoidingbadthings like this.
  10. Sugrum73

Sugrum73 Fapstronaut

I've had Camaros growing up, had an Audi S4 v8 as my family car. Recently sold a BMW z3 because I am going through a divorce (not masturbate related). My someday project will be a 944 with an LS swap or a classic mini with the Vtech swap, i want something different.

Reborn16 and porsche4life like this.
  11. I’m not a hardcore car enthusiast but I do enjoy looking at them online and going to the occasional car show.

I would like to get a Porsche 911 someday, one of my all time favorites, but I just can’t justify the expense. I’d rather use that money to travel more. I also like Audi R8’s. For some reason I’ve never been a big Lamborghini fan. If I were a millionaire I’d buy a Pagani.

Right now very happy with my Honda Accord.

12. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Big or powerful engine in a smaller car = fun. I hope to drop a LS into a S13 Nissan one day, merge import and muscle... No doubt that would work very well in a 944 too.

Practically and financially it makes no sense, but nobody drives one of those conversions without a smile on their face!

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. One observation from here in the SF Bay Area,

The high tech companies are booming like crazy and lots of 20’s and 30’s year olds are moving into the area. Lots of these young people are coming from India and they place a high value on marriage and children. The popular cars of choice for many seems to be the four door Porsche Panamera or a four door Tesla. In the past 18 months since transferring to the Silicon Valley I’ve seen lots of Panameras.

Interestingly not as many Cayennes.

When I first say a Panamera, wasn’t so interesting to me. But now that I see them all the time I’m starting to see them as pretty cool cars. But I’d still rather have a Porsche coupe.

Reborn16 likes this.
  14. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I've been told I'm weird because I'm a man who isn't really into cars.

15. People you can enter a drawing to win a hellcat redeye. Starts on November 5th, for more info see dodge.com.

16. Nooooo!!!!! Don't tell me that a Porsche lover is trying to encourage people to seek out a Dodge. No, no, no, no!!!!!

;-)

17. Okay man I like many cars, Porsche 911 just happens to be my favorite.

18. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

I think the general concept of a car is masculine. Forgetting all the fast and loud stuff for a second. They're essentially a tool we can use to navigate this earth. Same thing applies to planes, bikes, boats, or even a skateboard.

In the city every man wears a suit. We're all expected to be assertive but not overbearing. Sometimes it's nice to just forget all the expectations and normalities, drive a loud/fast car around town, or drive any car on our own journey - one of the great ways to meditate as a man - and you don't have to be particularly interested in the gear ratios or torque numbers to appreciate it :)

Some older guys that have retired their car & licence, still keep a bicycle around. "Just in case I need to go somewhere."