1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wake up before the alarm challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Oct 30, 2019.

1. This challenge is all about waking up before the alarm. You set your alarm to whatever time you prefer and if you are in bed when the alarm rings, you lost and you will have to reset your counter.

Rules:
    * Decide what time that fits you and decide how many days you're going to do.
    * Set your alarm to the decided time.
    * If you are in bed when or after the alarm rings, reset your counter.

You are free to make modifications to this challenge as long as you are maximising the probability of success while you are still challenging yourself. If you make any modifications, write them down in a post.

2. I'm in!

Starting with a three day challenge and my alarm rings at 05:40.

0/3

3. I'm in for sure! Getting up before your alarm is a great thing to aim for.

I set my alarm to 06:00 and start with a three day challenge as well. I add a rule saying that if I'm awake after 05:00, I need to get up.

I was doing this pretty consistently about a year ago and early this year. Lately it's been quite difficult, though. Whether I'm able to do this is largely dependent on whether I'm getting in bed in time, of course.

Force Majeure likes this.
  4. Cool, thanks for joining me!

5. I made it, 1/3! I woke up at 05:36. I stayed in my bed for a couple of minutes but I will accept it this time.

6. Wow, congrats!

My sleep got way much worse this time, just because I didn’t want to be in bed when the alarm rang. I woke up around ten times to see if it was time to get up, first time I woke up was at 1:30... I checked the time a few times more but then I had to ignore it to get some sleep. Didn’t make it!

It’s going to be interesting to see what I have learned after I complete this challenge :)

0/3

7. 1/3, made it this time! It wasn't hard at all because I fell asleep when I was going to put my kids to bed, which was at 8 pm. Today I woke up at 04:30 :eek:

8. I woke up at 05:58, so it's 2/3.

This time I had it so that after 3 am, my sleep wasn't good at all as I was checking what time it is many times.

9. Yeah, I felt the same thing as you, although it wasn’t as bad as the first night. My plan is to continue pushing until this feeling disappears.

10. The first night I didn't have this problem. I just happened to wake up at a good time. I think this goes away once we get used to the challenge and not "try" too hard. After all, this is about something that cannot be forced. It's about whether you consistently make it possible by going in bed early and structuring the day so that your activity concentrates on earlier hours.

11. 3/3

Woke up at 05:39. My sleep was pretty broken again and I felt tired in the morning. Tomorrow I won't use an alarm.

12. Congrats! What an awesome performance. Just like that!

I'm back at zero. I didn't use an alarm today and I woke up at 06:05. Plan was of course to wake up before the same time as the other days, e.g. 05:40.

0/3

13. Thanks, I'm really happy about it. It was the fourth time this week. It's the way to go.

I won't use an alarm tomorrow just to not feel any pressure about it. I try to get up early anyway, and probably do so as long as I won't mess up the evening.

14. Are you planning to take this challenge again with longer duration? I hope so at least :D

15. Definitely yes, but I don't know if I can get up very early next week.

16. I woke up at 05:28. That's the earliest for me this week.

This week I started again doing a little breathing exercise before going to bed. I think it really has helped.

17. 1/3, made it this time! Feels very good because this time I felt no pressure at all during the sleep. Woke up at 05:45 today and didn't use an alarm (I don't want to wake my family on weekends).

18. 0/3. Went to bed very early but didn’t wake up by myself for some reason. I think I missed the mental preparation this time.

19. Yes, that was the reason. Today I did better preparation and it worked perfect. Woke up at 05:23. :)

1/3

20. 0/3. I’m slowly but surely realising alcohol isn’t the very best thing. Yesterday I had two glasses of wine to dinner and because of this I couldn’t sleep. Added two rules to my list: 1: max one glass of wine per day. 2: no buying of alcohol to myself for the rest of the year. I have about 0.8 L wine left, after that I will aim to have a consumption next to zero.