1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last book you've read

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Awesome ^_^ I've been trying to spend time with God every morning, to start off the day with a peaceful mindset. But I've admittedly been failing at that the last few days. Might be why I've been feeling kind of stressed. Lol

TheOneRingBoromir likes this.
  2. TheOneRingBoromir

TheOneRingBoromir Fapstronaut

My Journal
    It's not easy no. I always get interrupted by my own thoughts all the time. But we just have to sit down and get used to it, and pave through. I want to get into the meditation for real!

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. TheOneRingBoromir

My Journal
    Just finished the book "Solitude: A Singular Life in a Crowded World" by Michael Harris. Very interesting book about being alone in a world where we are always connected. Made me think about a lot of things. How we are so connected to our phone, how we never really are alone with our thoughts etc. Everyday I try to turn of my phone for at least two hours so I don't have to be that obsessed with it. Going to try more and more to get back to myself. I like our technology but sometimes it's too much intereference in our minds. More book reading yessir.

4. Clan of the Cave Bear - Jean M. Auel. 8/10

Part 1 of the 6 'Earth's Children' series. Story is set in the stone age, among the first hunter-gatherer Homo neanderthalensis and Homo sapiens.
    Trigger warning: these books contain sex scenes.

The period is interesting, the science makes you think. Though I think the heros are a bit over the top. But that makes it fun to read too.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2019
  5. maxmayer

maxmayer Fapstronaut

Grace of Nation 6/10

6. TheOneRingBoromir

My Journal
    I've been reading some books about anxiety and technology. The last one I read, I got through in two days, and it's "Notes on a Nervous Planet". It really delves into the mind of the author, his anxiety and his relationship towards Social Media, Technology, what the world demands of us and how consumerism is based on us not feeling great. It's an very good and addictive book to read. It's written by Matt Haig. Check it out! 5 out of 5 on Goodreads!

7. Have you read Turtles All the Way Down by John Green?

8. TheOneRingBoromir

My Journal
    I have not. Should I?

FX-05 likes this.
  9. I really enjoyed it. There's a lot about anxiety and obsessive/intrusive thoughts, and I thought it was done really well.

10. TheOneRingBoromir

My Journal
    I'll check it out . Maybe my library has it. Let me look it up...just a minute. Yes they do. Just ordered a copy to read. Thank you for the recommendation!

11. Lol cool! Let me know what you think :)

12. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Just finished reading The Yard by Alex Grecian 8/10.
    Gripping plot, but excessive gory descriptions. I don't really like gore. It's a novel set in late 19th-century London, one year after the Jack The Ripper case, with the Scotland Yard learning to deal with a city that no longer trusts them and mad-men now running amok.

13. apimpnamedslickback

apimpnamedslickback Fapstronaut

I am a hero- omnibus 5
    fuckin 10/10

14. do u feel absolutely no concern for ur future, boy?
    Oh, i feel some concern for my future, all right. Sure, sure i do.
    i
    i can relate to it

15. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Digital screens cause early demention. 7/10

A nicely informative book about how your brain works and what the negative impact is from screens.

16. coconutplums

coconutplums Fapstronaut

Good Omens by Terry Prattchet and Neil Gaiman. Probably an 8 or 9!

17. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I just finished 'The case for Christ' by Lee Strobel. I loved it. It has increased my faith in the resurrection of Christ. I'd rate it 9/10.

Hold it in and Deleted Account like this.
  18. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

for one day more - Mitch Albom - 8/10
    This book was really sad. I'm still not completely sure what I think about it yet, but it's got a gripping plot (as are all of Albom's books).