1.5 years of cold showering everyday, my experience and advice

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by PhantomAssassin, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Robinthehood

Robinthehood Fapstronaut

The 'getting things done' mindset is exactly the reason I no longer take minutes and minutes to build up the courage to turn the cold water on. One morning I was standing there and I realised all the time I was wasting, I was going to get in there anyway, may as well not wait, get it done and then I can get on with something else. I saw how I wasted so much time on that and also for other things, over-thinking many things, never just diving in headlong and doing it. So, I changed that immediately and it now leads me to other things in my life that I now just do, instead of putting off the inevitable.

Aliman8, ManAtWork and Washwaverr like this.
  2. PhantomAssassin

PhantomAssassin Fapstronaut

My brain never stopped trying to deter me, but the habit gets stronger and eventually the brain will have no power over your choice

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. PhantomAssassin

Thank you, hope you succeed as well, its hard but not impossible !

Deleted Account and Asgardian36 like this.
  4. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

I love cold showers but I stopped doing them because I been told it makes you constipated , and I am.

5. tbird

tbird Fapstronaut

Started cold showers at the gym a while ago when their water heater broke. Most people skipped the shower but I went in. It was shocking at first but after a minute it felt ok and invigorating. Now I always have a cold or very cool shower after a workout.

Washwaverr likes this.
  6. ManAtWork

ManAtWork Fapstronaut

Absolutly true, I wasted so much time of my life doing stupid things only for the reason of not doing the inevitable. I always found excuses to not. Not anymore...

Washwaverr likes this.
  7. Robinthehood

Robinthehood Fapstronaut

I've not experienced that.

ChristopherB likes this.
  8. Cold showers are the next step in my personal development.
    I totally love them. I used to really dislike cold water. It was all in my head though. Now it is like I look forward to the cold shower because I know I will feel better after the cold shower, even if I was feeling good prior to the cold shower. Pretty much every day I get off from my counseling job, I go for a 3-mile run and take a cold shower. Clears my head like no other. (Does me better than medical cannabis.)

Washwaverr and Akeakua like this.
  9. Alright:)

Alright:) Fapstronaut

+ alot of healthy benefits ( blood pressure , better immune system , better skin and more ). Im doing cold showers for the past year . The greatest benefit of all imo is the shock therapy effect .

Washwaverr and ChristopherB like this.
  10. Hastened

Hastened Fapstronaut

This made me motivated to get back to cold showers and sticking to them. Personally I haven't noticed any life-changing benefits while standing under cold water. But I guess it is like meditation: once in a while - good for you, when a habit - cumulative improvement.

Washwaverr likes this.
  11. so its like ice cold water than? the lowest possible?
    can you also do this with an ice cold washcloth, for when u don't shower, but rather wash yourselves with an washcloth?

12. PhantomAssassin

I wouldn't recommend that. It might just get you sick since it doesn't provoke the body for drastic measures.

13. just readthath u should dowarm firtst, and than like 15 seconds of cold