1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Big life desires, where do they come from?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by yourhomieishere, Nov 4, 2019.

1. yourhomieishere

yourhomieishere Fapstronaut

I was thinking today that I have so many dreams (goals and desires not the nighttime dreams) but like I never had an origin for them they are just there. Like I never just thought to myself you know what would be a good idea, I want to be a filmmaker. My interest in film was just always there. Or like I don't have a specific reason for wanting to join the wrestling team besides that I just have the dream for it. Same goes for interests, you can never really explain exactly why it is of interest to you, it just is. That's a reason why it's sometimes hard to tell others about your dreams because you can't explain exactly why they are your dreams they just are. I just think this is an interesting thing to think about.

2. Sometimes they come out of nowhere. One great method is to go out into the world and try new things. That's how a lot of my ambitions came to be.

3. Adversity. Every person i've looked up to has this one common experience. Or call it a breakthrough. Coupled with a sense of urgency, as if your life depended on it.

FellatiousD likes this.
  4. rezahaghi

rezahaghi New Fapstronaut

That was interesting

5. Just Is

Just Is Fapstronaut

At times, i'd say it comes from current or potential regret. That just ties right back into it. Awesome to think about.

7. Most of our processing is "under the hood" our awareness is given only what it needs to solve the problem at hand.
    Allot of the things we do conflict with what we say we would do, because we just do not know ourselves that well.
    But it is not that hard to start listening, you just have to shut up and feel, and when you speak express honestly what you feel, not what you think should be said.

Just ask why you started this thread - There is no rational answer, you just felt like it.