1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Image of God

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. St3v0

St3v0 Fapstronaut

I am listening to the audiobook 'The unseen realm' and the guy talks about what is means to be created in the image of God as in Genesis. He argeus that you cannot be partially created in His image you either are or are not.
    This makes attributes such as mind, soul, spirit, reason, ability to communicate with others or with God, prayer etc not viable as other creatures also possess some of these attributes.
    I am still busy with the chapter but was wondering what you guys think of this. What does it mean to be created in the image of God?

One thought that came to my mind is that it might be that we have the capacity to be filled with the Holy Spirit.

2. I think to answer this question, you first need to know who God is. I think primarily, it means we have a subset of and are capable of pursuing his attributes: Creating, loving, patience, doing justice, mercy, compassion, serving, protecting, sustaining, etc. etc.

Nuhope and St3v0 like this.
  3. It means perheaps: Origin and destination is God, that God uses Himself as "model" to made us.

4. I found these helpful: