1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My plan to marry in 2 years is broken:)

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by FY_33, Nov 15, 2019.

1. FY_33

FY_33 Fapstronaut

hello guys....

I think, this is one of the saddest feeling i have experienced in my life. My dad didnt like my mother in law candidate. So, it's broken deal. i am losing one of motivation.

I guess i shouldnt have be too naive. Marrying is about two family, not only two people. No point if a male and female love each other, but it's not approved by their parents. I am crying right now, mentally

I guess life is teaching me something important today. I am a loser

2. How are YOU a loser?

I do agree that your parents should have a big role, but if it's not YOU who made the decision, how is it you who stink?

Also, please continue to listen to your parents. I know many people who didn't listen to theirs in regards to marriage, and it turned out badly.

But do not be sad YOURSELF, because YOU did nothing.

Napav and Enwar like this.
  3. FY_33

FY_33 Fapstronaut

Thanks brother, I know, but seeing how my dad requirement is really seldom these days, I think it will take time to me to have someone accepted in my family. now I am learning not to love when it's not the time, wish me a recovery, time always heal, doesnt it?

4. Yes, yes it does. Remember, it might hurt to have your Dad end it, but at least she didn't cheat on you!

5. FY_33

FY_33 Fapstronaut

My body cant lie, I think about building my empire of wealth. But my body craving for affection from girl, I hate my body... So much

6. Don't hate yourself, but figure out a way to gain your father's approval.

FY_33 likes this.
  7. I don't know what your local laws are, but generally if you meet the minimum age requirements you can legally register your marriage without your parents' consent. What does marriage mean to you anyway? Depending on how you answer that for yourself, you'll know what to be upset at and how much to be upset at it. As an American, my parents and in-laws had very little to do with our decision to marry. We spent very little on our wedding, and our marriage turned out way better than couples who spent tens of thousands of dollars.

FY_33 likes this.
  8. FY_33

FY_33 Fapstronaut

Means I will only pour my love only to 1 women (excluding my mom and sibilings of course), living til death do us apart and meet again in heaven, that's my wedding ultimate goal

Yes I want to spend little in my wedding day too. It's about after wedding, not in the day of wedding, a waste of money I could say if too luxury

dankestmemes likes this.
  9. I'd strongly, strongly, encourage you not to promote the dissolution of traditions. It's fair to say that the reason this forum exists, lies the the dissolution of tradition. If we still lived in a traditional world with hierarchy, order, and community the intrusion of evils like PMO would exist in far lessened quantities (if at all). While I'd love for this young man to find a woman to marry, there's a reason his culture encourages parental input. Let's not encourage him to destroy tradition.

I'm very glad your marriage worked/works well, but traditions serve to protect society from degeneracy and should be protected at all costs.

We, in America, possess few constructive social traditions and therefore experience the cutting edge of degeneracy's costs.

I do not intend to start an argument here, truly. I'm sure you may persist in your beliefs after reading this post, but please also consider my words.

Napav, dankestmemes and FY_33 like this.
  10. FY_33

FY_33 Fapstronaut

I am fine bro, just need time to move on, I am already aiming for something else:)

Napav likes this.
  11. lol, I know, I meant the man replying to you. You're the "young man."

12. Napav

Napav Fapstronaut

Sorry ( for your initial post)
    Congrats ( on picking up your mood, in subsequent posts)
    ALL THE BEST ( for your future )

13. I'm confused.
    Are we talking about arranged marriage? I hope that if you ever get married, your wife has a choice in the matter.

That's a pretty bold assertion. Child-grooming and acts of pedophilia are tradition in some cultures, should we preserve those? Slavery was once a tradition in America. The amount of time something has been practiced has no implication as to its value.

How about free and mandatory public education? The tradition of innovation? The tradition of entrepreneurship that drives our economy? Each family and culture has its own traditions. The tradition of celebrating holidays and being close with friends and relatives. These are all constructive. When cultures change, some traditions are given up in favor of new ones. If tradition is strictly obeyed then progress would not exist by definition.

You've already started an argument by submitting proposals that are highly opinionated. You can't just expect no one to respond.

dankestmemes likes this.

14. Dude... If your parent's/relatives don't accept them who cares, love who you want to love! I had a relationship with a woman from Thailand a few years back. My parents weren't accepting much at first but I loved who I wanted to. My mom became more accepting over time and it turned out to be a real sincere relationship. Guess what I'm saying is that don't rule it out over one dislike, keep it going, keep the love flowing.

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. If your looking for approval of other people, I hate to say it, but you are a... I think marriage it is about two people loving each other and if your family really loved you they would be willing to make an exception.

16. Peiskos

Peiskos Fapstronaut

I’m really confused, marriage IS about two people NOT two families.

As long as the man and woman love each other that’s all that ever matters, the family not liking each other? Irrelevant.

Jonas 2:10 likes this.
  17. FY_33

FY_33 Fapstronaut

Dude, at first i think that too

But after this, i realize that statement is too naive, and i am a living proof of it

18. klaris

klaris Fapstronaut

In my opinion, you should have made a decision! You yourself are to blame for what is happening, believe me. By the way, it’s not too late to fix it

19. Peiskos

Peiskos Fapstronaut

No offence but you haven’t really provided any solid reasoning as to why it’s naive.

I have a girlfriend of 3 years, we love one another, if our families don’t like one another that means jack. They aren’t the ones in the bedroom with you two are they? If the families don’t like one another that’s their issue to deal with.

A marriage is between a man and a woman first and foremost, the families always come second. Just the way it is. Who says both families have to be together simultaneously? Perhaps in your culture it’s different. Which is shameful imo.

If I can give you any parting advice, it’s your life, take control of it and don’t let your family pry into YOUR romantic life, that’s not their place and never will be.

Jonas 2:10 likes this.
  20. Jonas 2:10

Jonas 2:10 Fapstronaut

Come on man, have a spine. Be a man! Theres 100% chance that someone from your family wount like someone from your wifes family!!! Its irrelevant to bother with these things. If you truly love your girl be a man and propse to her. Dont be a everlasting child that always listenes to his father. Honoring your father is very important, I agree, but you simply cant agree or listen to everything he says.