1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Online dating..

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Max666, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Max666

Max666 Fapstronaut

Is it just me or are online dating sites the worst place to go to meet nice women. I've had one bad experience after the other with them. All the women seem to be just rotten people basically. You get to know them initially (over the internet!!) and you think "great this girl seems nice" you gaze at her picture and imagine how lovely her personality must be and then BAM! she starts to show her true colors, reveals why she's single.

Anyone had similar experiences? I just wanna know I'm not alone on this.
    I have slightly above average looks but more than that, I'm smart, artistic, well spoken and nice. All of these last attributes mean nothing on these sites, there's no way to express who you are in some stupid chat room but this is where these women live! In chat rooms. How can they expect to find Prince Charming? They live in fairytales

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Very few women live in "our world." They do not understand the counterproductive nature of being picky. In nature women are picky, but they have limited choices, so they'll eventually pick someone decent and create a family.

Women, unlike men, do not realize the destructive power of online behaviors until they're subjected to them. An interesting article https://theeverygirl.com/i-tried-bumble-bff-for-30-days-heres-what-happened/ .

This woman, finding herself "ghosted" or "spammed" or ignored by almost every woman on a "friendship" dating site... admits how "swipe culture" changes women's standards.

So, it's not that women are bad, or don't want Prince Charming, but that they do not see our world, for they do not live within our world.

Just as p destroys men by perverting normal, otherwise healthy, instincts online dating destroys women by perverting their normal hypergamy/selectiveness, which is also a healthy trait.

So, while I do not like the situation I pity women. We have such a longer time horizon. Remember this, but also remember that if you meet a woman in person, you're already past the "swipe" phase. She's met you, and now you can engage in conversation.

Smile and say "hey, how're you?" to every woman you meet (regardless of age/attractiveness), you'll find that many women are lonely and also wish to talk. Many won't, but you'd be surprised. Women ARE people.

3. Max666

Max666 Fapstronaut

I hear you, I know what you're sayin', it makes perfect sense but you just feel so powerless knowing you could change this woman's life, inject excitement into it but they just continue to live their lives through their computers and their smart phones. It makes me sad.

4. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

You hit the nail on the head with 'reveals why she is single'. A decent woman on a dating site is gold dust, she won't be around very long someone will snap her up. Women who are just playing the game and chatting to guys in order to feel good about themselves tend to linger. The internet tends to bring out the worst in people, to be honest, and internet dating is semi-anonymous (at least initially).

You can meet great people online dating. I met my wife that way. My only recommendation would be to progress to meeting in real life ASAP. If they are reluctant, if they 'want to chat more' for some reason, they are wasting your time. If they are really busy for a while, suggest a phone conversation. Real world interaction will soon make it clear whether you are compatible or not - it can be very easy to drift off into fantasy land when you are exchanging messages and pics online, for both genders.

Deleted Account likes this.