Cliques in nofap

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by need4realchg, Nov 17, 2019.

Have you noticed there are cliques in NoFap?

1. Yes and I like that

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Yes and I don’t like it.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. No, or don’t agree.

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. Has anyone noticed there are cliques in nofap?

2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Maybe there are. I am in one group though, I'm the only member because I like it that way.

need4realchg likes this.
  4. [​IMG]

5. I have not noticed that. What are the cliques? Please list them!

need4realchg likes this.
  6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I remember that stupid cyberbullying movie has a Facebook knock-off called Cliquesters. The protagonist tried to kill herself but a child-proof cap was too much for her.

"I CAN'T GET THE CAP OFF".

7. I think there are people who like each other and help each other and stick together. There are certainly closed groups. There are also the same people always commenting and agreeing on certain topics. I guess if those are all cliques then there are a bunch.

8. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

If you are under the age of 18, you are unable to remove child proof caps.

9. I mean, I wouldn't say I "like" it, but I think it's a natural part of life. Some people connect best with certain other people, and once people find their "crew," it can be easy to just retreat and not really care about letting others in. Especially if you've been friends for a while, letting someone new in can be awkward, because they don't know you as well. It's not really the best mindset to have, but it's kind of natural.

The only clique I have a problem with is the bully brigade, and that's not because they are closed off to others. It's because they're bullies.

10. Triplex VII

Triplex VII Fapstronaut

I'm not claiming they dont exist here. But I have not seen any.

11. TangoTao

TangoTao Fapstronaut

i'd like the 4th option "yes, but i don't mind that" - people group around common interests or spiritual beliefs, and that's quite natural to have some clusters of interests and opinions naturally emerging, but taken to some extreme i would't like to see some cult-like groupings, but as of yet haven't spotted that, rather what i see is quite a lot of tolerance and much mutual ground between the users and their views.

Re:Born likes this.
  12. TheLoneDanger

TheLoneDanger Fapstronaut

You can join our clique if you’re looking for one to join! It’s called the Fapbusters, and we mean business! We go on long streaks and have maintained a good amount of control over our past habits. But you’ve gotta be disciplined, lest you find yourself white knuckling it when temptation strikes! We will help you, but will also be very competitive! Nobody wants to be the one with the shortest streak because they have to cook supper for the whole squad!!

need4realchg and Hros like this.
  13. I'm forming a new clique. It's gonna be for people who have not seen any cliques. You wanna clique? Let's clique!

Deleted Account and Hold it in like this.
  14. Cliques dont like me because of my profile pic ;)

15. There is a lots of cliques I think. Like in school. You may not notice until you're not a part of any. I feel like that roaming dude who tries to become better human and meets a lots of great people that gather together in certain groups, like religious ones, older ones that like same kind of music and like saying some really true stuff a lots of people don't agree on, then there's cute people gang where there's a lots of hearts and flowers, some funky boys, anime fans etc etc :D

TangoTao and need4realchg like this.
  16. ProtagonistOfMyLife

ProtagonistOfMyLife Fapstronaut

Well duh, of course some people click better together than others. I do think its completely fine. It's not like people who aren't inside the "clique" are getting ignored or bullied.

I don't really get the point of asking this question, but well I guess why not.

TangoTao likes this.
  17. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I’m in an accountability group and talk to a few other people occasionally.

The 35 and over accountability group is great and I’d recommend starting a similar group that matches your background if you are not feeling like there are people who support you.

Addiction makes people feel alone. This forum is a good way to combat that.

need4realchg likes this.
  18. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Ironic, because your posts seem the most bullying I have seen on this forum.

19. Troll free zone please ... thanks folks!

Deleted Account likes this.