1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Affirmation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deadpool98, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Deadpool98

Deadpool98 Fapstronaut

Hey everyone! Have you guys tried affirmations? Do they actually work? How do you guys implement it in your day to day life? I thought i would give it a shot since i've never tried it before.

letter likes this.
  2. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Affirmations can totally work: https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?profile-posts/235411/

They need to be made with conviction though. They need to be made with all your heart. You have to believe the words you are saying. You gotta have faith :cool:

In my example there, what I was feeling in that moment was the exact opposite of what I said. I made that positive affirmation and it appeared to completely turn things around for me.

I don't think this tool would be something to make into a daily ritual, it can become empty. It's the way you use the words more than the words themselves. Can you grow into using them on a daily basis? Sure! But stay on the path of meaning, deeply, what you say.

3. Deadpool98

Deadpool98 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply. Did you say it to yourself whenever you feel low or just once and you really mean it the first time.

letter likes this.
  4. letter

My Journal
    In that instance, I said it just once and held what I said in my heart.

As a general practice, I come out in the opposite spirit of the thing I am facing, be that either in myself or in something around me. So when I am feeling rejected, I may say "I am someone who is beloved"

It's not just positivity, it's the right kind in the right way...if that makes sense?

5. Deadpool98

Deadpool98 Fapstronaut

Like seeing the light amidst the darkness something like that right? I thought i would say affirmation to myself when i wake up everyday. So i would not forget and get lost again.

letter likes this.
  6. letter

My Journal
    Yeah, kind of like that.

Hey dude, maybe that way would work for you. It's not like you'll harm yourself by trying.

For me, I came from a religious background where what should have been deep and precious spirituality was instead turned into empty rituals. Because of that, I have a focus to not be ritualistic and to make sure the things I do come from the depths of my spirit rather than some obligation to do the right thing just because.

Hold it in likes this.
  7. Deadpool98

Deadpool98 Fapstronaut

I'll never know unless i try em. I'll try both and i will stick to whichever helps me the most.
    Thanks for your suggestion though.

8. I'll try that!

9. Yep. And they do work, God is good!! :)

itz_gioc likes this.
  10. john_spartan

john_spartan Fapstronaut

Hi Deadpool98,

Affirmations work, but you have to keep a sense of proportionality while you're doing them.
    Affirmations are just a temporary fix, comfort to get you through whatever you're facing.
    The thing that transforms you is facing whatever makes you weak, to confront your fears and so on. This is the healthy way to become better.
    Affirmations are just going to fix the issues on a surface level and you will only feel changes as long as you will keep doing them. So you will have to stick to affirmations almost religiously in order to see results.
    It's true that you will see results very soon, like in the first two weeks, but you probably want a lasting change.

Deadpool98 likes this.
  11. Deadpool98

Deadpool98 Fapstronaut

Yes i was not able to do my affirmations daily because the problem i had kept coming and i had no other way to adapt to it and move on.