1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

BEAT YOUR LONGEST STREAK

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Jefe Rojo, Nov 21, 2019.

1. On March 20, 2019 I reset after 98 days. That was 8 months ago, and, after several attempts, I have not been able to get back to day 98. I am sure that I am not the only person who is struggling to get back and or surpass their longest streak. I am looking for a little extra motivation to help me get back on track. I hope that this challenge will allow others to do the same and that together we can motivate each other to make it back to where we once were.

Rules:

Every time you check in you must state the day you are on followed by the number you are trying to reach (your longest streak) / surpass and the date you broke your longest streak. For example: “Day 5 / 99 (March 20, 2019)” or “Day 5 of 99 (Streak broken on March 20, 2019)”

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
  2. Day 5 of 99 (Longest streak broken on March 20, 2019). :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  3. I’m down. Don’t exactly remember when or how long my longest streak was. Somewhere around 90...so I’ll go for that. Thanks for the invite :)

4. Day 8 of 90 (Longest streak broken on August 18, 2017).

Love it, Jefe. Let's do this!!
    My counter says 7, but in an hour it'll be 8.:)

@The Mask! wanna join?

5. w95chris

w95chris Fapstronaut

Yeah I am game. My longest streak was 124 days (maybe 2-3 days more) and would be awesome if I could surpass it. I have not been able to do it for quite some time but this time, well this time will be the last.
    I'm counting on that!

6. I am in @Jefe Rojo. Day 20/111 (Longest streak broken on Apr 19, 2019).

7. Great! Nice work getting to 20. It’s been a while since you’ve gone this long. Keep up the good work! :)

8. Thanks for joining! Let’s go for it.

9. Glad to have you here RMD. Congrats on 8 days. You’re on your way again - it’s great to see this. Nice work! :) And thanks for inviting other people to join.

10. Glad to have you here @w95chris ! There’s no doubt in my mind that you can beat that impressive streak. After all, you’ve been there before! :)

11. It’s great to see that all of us have had streaks up around / past 90 days. One thing that I think we can all agree on is that 90 days is great but it doesn’t mean that we’re invincible.

Why do you all think it’s so difficult to get back to where we once were? I have my theories but am interested in hearing your thoughts on the matter before I comment.

One thing I do know: when I do get back to 99 (and I will), I’m going to be a lot more careful next time. Especially after the struggle it’s been (and continues to be) to get back there again. It’s so much easier to keep that momentum going than to start from the bottom again. It’s the flywheel effect.

12. w95chris

w95chris Fapstronaut

Heck yes! I want to reach 135 days this time and then set another goal :)

13. For me...I think it’s because in the back of my mind I’m thinking “I’ve already proven I can do it. Im going through a lot right now. I’ll start again tomorrow.” I never do though. I have to prove it again.

One day down. 1/90 :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2019
  14. Sure @Jefe Rojo. It is 21/111 days now. :)

15. Yes it is! :)

16. I think you’ve pinpointed a big reason why we all struggle. We know how long it takes to get to the goal and it is a daunting task. We don’t want to start because we lose our ability to escape reality and we must face the enemy full on with all of it’s unpleasantries. We have to take the plunge if we ever want to get past it. It sucks.

A good friend of mine shared this meme with me once and it gave me the inspiration I needed to stop procrastinating my recovery:

61455335-FDC2-49AC-8782-C5B6FF4F4C16.png

Let’s avoid this scenario shall we?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  17. Oh man, I’m so sorry. I’m embarrassed that I spaced it. I would have tagged you for sure, I know I missed other people too, I just know it. I’m glad you found it anyway and I hope you can forgive my blunder! I would definitely include you as someone who has had an impressive streak in the past. I hope you join us and check in often! :)

18. Viijay

Viijay Fapstronaut