1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Red Pill

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by pimp, Nov 17, 2019.

What do you think about The Red Pill movement

1. It's made up bullshit

2. It's the truth

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. pimp

pimp Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

2. One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all

3. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

It’s about as sensible as being woke.

4. Evig Faith

Evig Faith Fapstronaut

The Red Pill movement has valid concerns. Even as a woman, it frustrates me when a divorced “mother” can meet the bare minimum of being a parent, and far from being a responsible parent, yet get custody of their kids instead of an outstanding father who loves his kids to the ends of the earth and back, and actually tried to take care of them.

But there are “extreme” elements in the community that turned valid concerns into straight up misogyny. The court system is unfair, but that doesn’t mean attacking women.

5. I've heard of this before but I never looked into it much. Is this the same as MGTOW?

Edit: Ok, from skimming over this subreddit seems like a bunch of MGTOWs who are doing pickup? Ok...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2019
    Deleted Account likes this.
  6. I've always been weary of the Red Pill movement. I've attempted to dive into it many times before, but it just seemed, not wrong, but specifically, corrupt. Not all of them, of course.

I think that, from what little bit I've heard is taught there, they bring up some valid and useful points about one's own nature and place in society, and about the general sociology and psychology of other people, and how best to use it all to your advantage.

But it always tends to be surrounded by a crowd of hard-ass, hypermasculine, Dudes/bros/bruhs/bras/hittas/"N-Words with an a" who:

- Treat life as just being one big competition to see who is most powerful and the true, "Alpha".

- View women as being nothing but predictable, materialistic animals that must be manipulated, seduced, and never trusted, always kept on a tight leash.

- Think of relationships as being a combative Game of Thrones.

- See other men as the only true source of love and companionship (platonically), as well as constant rivals and enemies.

- Who worship weights and obsess over being strong just for looks, just to attract and use women and flex their dominance and superiority over other men.

And there are many days where I start to believe them to be right, and actually see some of the things they talk about, but maybe that's just because I'm seeing things through their lens.

It's always disturbed me because of how addictive and appealing that view of life is to me, because I have a lot of hatred and anger in my heart, and I've always been afraid of seeing what would happen if I took THEIR view of life to MY extreme and logical conclusion.

Because the way I see it, there is way too much more beauty and amazing things in life and the world around me to spend every minute of every day focused on and obsessed over being alpha, being the strongest, beating other men, and trying to sleep with and use women. It especially bothers me when coupled with my own anger issues and insecurities. I get violent and enraged easily when viewing things from the Red Pill perspective. They call it, "Red Pill Rage." But I don't think their version of RPR is as volatile as mine.

So I've always avoided Red Pill things. It doesn't serve me any good right now, except to make more more hateful and vengeful, and my anger issues are bad enough as is. My time seems better spent drawing pictures, writing stories, exercising MY way just for the personal benefits (with no motives of some sort of revenge behind it), and learning more about computer science.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2019
  7. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

8. Better yet, WHY is truth?

9. What doth life?

10. Just looked at that subreddit and this is literally the top post:
    upload_2019-11-18_22-8-57.png
    Here's the link. https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/dwdne8/all_women_are_whores/

To me TRP is no different from a cult. Their happiness or success is all a front - they are miserable and they want others to be miserable or else it's no fun for them. It's a tragedy but I'm not sure what I can do to help them.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  11. TheLoneDanger

TheLoneDanger Fapstronaut

As with all movements based on beliefs derived from identity politics (MGTOW, Feminism, LGBTQ, etc.) there is a seed of truth in their message. However, these groups are almost always flooded with people who use the cause as a crutch to cope in society; an excuse to be oppressed rather than do the actual work it takes to deal with their own personal problems as well as the problems that everyday life puts on everybody. Simply put, life is hard. Deal with it.

12. The social left and right both exploit identity politics and victimhood mentality in order to make a case for themselves, which results in them having no good case at all.

TheLoneDanger and recon117 like this.
  13. Just Is

Just Is Fapstronaut

Its very much the truth aswell as lies.

I use to be very right-winged. Delve deep enough and you'll find that both sides are equal at being wrong and right. So now I'm strongly non-partisan and I guess Libertarian.

Essentially, I wish that ppl could apply the same critical analysis to their own viewpoint as they do to the opposing view.

14. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

I picked "BS".

Like others have said, they present some truth and use it as an excuse to whine. This could be said about any orginization though. It definitely seemed to give off a "women are evil" vibe. That is what turned me off. I don't want to use women as a scapegoat.

15. It is good to see the world from different points of view. It is not good to be trapped in one point of view.

FellatiousD likes this.
  16. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

There's no avoiding getting trapped in a world view. Trying to be open to all views, in a way, is just as binding as closing ones self. I'm just aiming to express myself the best I can. What I receive from others, I receive.

17. glasgow

glasgow Fapstronaut

Just a cult. Anyone can find happiness without looking down on others.

Pathetic incels reinforcing their ideas so they do not face the reality of their situation: That the world is not what need to be changed, it is them. With their movement they spread hate, misoginy and frustration. We don't need any of that.

The thing is, they reinforce their beliefs with the portion of their ideas that is truth: that women likes sex (wow, just like us).

They can't create long lasting relationships with a woman, and dude, thats ok. But why they need to believe that the opposite gender is inferior so they can feel superior in order to talk to them?. The problem is that their bubble increase with their actions:

To have sex with a woman they search for women with lower standards, after all they only want is pu**y, they don't even care about the looks often, so they actually IGNORE the personality of women. When they cant have sex with a woman she's a worthless wh***, but when they can have sex with a woman... ding ding!, they were right all along: they are all wh***s. wtf. what kind of decent people think like that?

Beware of that kind of groups with militant ideas about anything. Those groups that spread hate and resentment will say an do anything to convince you to think like them, but their argument are full of falacies and lies, yet they like it that way... and you will too, if you take part on that.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    recon117 and Optimum Fortitude like this.
  18. And they blindly assume things about biology, human psychology, statistics (muh studies), and don't take the time to prove these assumptions. I read a post the other day saying basically:
    "Babies have giant heads > therefore female hips need to be wide to give birth > therefore female hips are not efficient > therefore women are weaker > therefore women cannot survive on their own > therefore women are the same as children > therefore women are inferior to men."

Deleted Account likes this.
  19. Hisself

Hisself Fapstronaut

You are obviously the one with assumptions. There is nothing blind about referring to a study. That is how science is done. What is blind is dismissing a study due to your own ego investments. That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. What the guy was likely explaining is a well known fact of human evolution. As cranial size was selected for, female hips adapted to be able to birth them. That’s also why humans need much longer than most other animals for our brain to develop fully, because females already die during childbirth frequently in nature. They couldn’t “afford” to birth more developed heads. This is not controversial. Redpill is evolutionary psychology plain and simple. Humans did not evolve to be monogamous. Hunter gatherers are not monogamous, the agricultural revolution introduced monogamy and wives then became a possession rather than an equal. This is fundamental redpill, the realization that we are not monogamous. Women are hypergamous, that is they have a dual mating strategy. Dominant masculine genetics, the guy she is highly aroused by and will have a one night stand with. Provider/provisioner, provides for her and the kid in the long term but must finish the dishes before she is willing to have sex with him and no genuine arousal. Alpha seed, beta need. That is hypergamy. Alpha and beta are,in the redpill context, placeholder terms for behaviors that are arousing(alpha) and comforting(beta) women prioritize these differently at different times in her life. Late teens early twenties (alpha priority). Epiphany phase 29-31ish, no more bad boys, time to settle down, where are all the good guys at. (Beta priority). Proliferative phase of menstrual cycle (alpha) luteal phase of menstrual cycle (beta) there have been extensive studies on female mate selection and arousal throughout their menstrual cycle and what turns them on at different phases. This is another expression of hypergamy.

20. Some of what you said is true, some sounds pure bad bs. There is no strict black and white in nature.