1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

BEAT YOUR LONGEST STREAK

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Jefe Rojo, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Great idea @Jefe Rojo. I'm in. It looks like so far, I have the shortest streak compared to you all. And not only that, but also from the oldest date out. So if I relapsed yesterday and today is Day 1, should I currently say I'm on Day 1/62 or Day 0/62? Does it matter?

Day 1/62 (October 1, 2016)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  2. Good! Yeah, it doesn’t really matter. I would say just say what day you’re currently working on. And no comparing streaks! :)

3. Thanks bud. I would also love this thread to not only be for keeping track of our own streaks to beat, but also as a place to support one another especially if some of us are having urges, etc. Just to post here and get help from others, almost like an AP group.

4. Totally! That would be my hope as well.

5. Day 9 of 90 (Longest streak broken on August 18, 2017).

There are different reasons for my many resets and relapses, but the reason for my day 90 relapse was my then girlfriend broke up with me. It happened about a week before I hit 90 days. I was depressed and wanted to fap the whole week but out of momentum of striving for that goal I was able to keep my vow to stay strong until I hit 90 days. The moment I did I realized that whatever minimal comfort I got from PMOing was insignificant compared to how much worse I felt for breaking my streak. I ended up binging the next two weeks which, of course, only put me in a darker place.
    Absolutely! Maintenance always requires less effort than starting from scratch.

6. Thanks for sharing a little bit about your story. I look forward to cheering you on as you beat 90 days this time. You can do it!

7. Day 8 of 99 (Longest streak broken on March 20, 2019)

For me, I think the reason why it’s so difficult to get back to 99 is for multiple reasons, but I will share the main reason. I was able to get to 99 on my first try after joining NoFap. This newfound community gave me the support and motivation I needed to boost my confidence and help me go farther than I had gone in 16 years. After resetting, I looked up at the mountain ahead of me and stumbled over and over. It’s not that the support wasn’t there, it was just that the newness of NoFap had worn off. Than newfound hope of leaving it behind was dashed over and over again, to the point where I am now not really believing that I can leave it behind for good. MO has become my release when things get stressful and I want to escape. Deep down I know I can leave it behind me. I just need to build up enough momentum to break free.

Have a great weekend!

8. @Tiger uppercut! , we’re traveling through Chicago right now and we’re eating Chicago style pizza. You’re lucky you have access to such amazing food! :)

9. Randox

Randox Fapstronaut

@Jefe Rojo I'm in
    Day 0 of 121 (Longest streak broken on March 23, 2019)
    I was in heaven in that 4 months streak and I will get back there!
    Thanks for the challenge

10. Randox

Randox Fapstronaut

My longest streak almost started this period in the previous year, what a coincidence.
    I will reach much further this time :)

11. Aaaaaaaaand I already messed up. I’ll see myself out.

12. Sorry to hear that but there’s no requirement that you have to be perfect. You’re welcome to stay and try again for however long it takes. It’s totally up to you and whether you want to participate in the challenge. I also understand if you have had a change of heart.

13. This. Totally this. I was a lot better at nofap when I first started.

14. Welcome @Randox ! I’m glad you decided to join the challenge. That was an impressive streak. You’ll get back there again. Why do you think it’s been so tough to get back to where you once were?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  15. The question is, how can we re-ignite that flame again? How can we bring back that hope and sense of adventure and accomplishment? I’m still trying to find the answers to these questions. I think this challenge is helping me. It’s fun to have so many of us who have experienced success in the past trying to get back. We all have that in common.

16. Yes I think this challenge will help you tremendously. I think it will help me as well...I’m just missing that extra something. Whatever it is.

It’s like I can’t fully commit to anything these days. Hopefully we can find what we are searching for.

17. I wonder if it comes back once we surpass our previous best streak.

18. Yes, let’s stick with it until we can figure out the solution. I’m convinced that it’s out there. It might not be as complicated as I am making it out to be.

19. I would like to join
    Day 4/52 (October 18, 2019)