1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. dasher

dasher Fapstronaut

20 days check in.
    Things are easier. No blue balls yet, no wetdream.
    I don't know what's helping. I am doing...
    1. 6am Cold shower
    2. Sleep by 10p
    3. 3 times a week push-ups and squats. Progressed to 5x5 push-ups. 20x5 squats.
    4. Weekly yoga class
    5. Intermittent fasting (did one 36 hr wateronly fast and another one 44 hr fast in one week.
    6. Running/walking 40m twice a week

persona2903, ANewFocus and Espi1971 like this.
  2. Son of Midgaard

Son of Midgaard Fapstronaut

Really? Tried it out found it good for a feew weeks then hit platue and never could get back to the early benefits and do not wanna overdose due to fear of affect on gastric intestal and liver.

persona2903 likes this.
  3. Son of Midgaard

Son of Midgaard Fapstronaut

Anyone here looking for casual friends on whatsapp/messenger? Just check up and check each others everyday, every other day or so, PM me if you are interested for further details!

persona2903 likes this.
  4. dasher

dasher Fapstronaut

persona2903 likes this.
  5. dasher

dasher Fapstronaut

It always helped me in sleeping on time, in spite of severe stressful life.

I used to take 1/2 tea spoon in hot water about 30 minutes before sleep and put all the electronic screens, and took a paper book to bed.

Good sleep kept away stress.

persona2903 and Son of Midgaard like this.
  6. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

D81. Today I woke up early, and worked hard... I´m a bit tired, but I have to continue a few weeks more. After that, I was studying all the afternoon for my class of tomorrow.

persona2903 likes this.
  7. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

My cravings were hard today. Lots of sudden recall. Hard to control my eyes. Ready to start tomorrow and get through today.

persona2903 and RightEffort like this.
  8. What do you think you can do to bring more balance and make it easier?

To me when this happends i make a change, may be a juice fast day, or do some hot yoga, spend some conscious time in nature and put feet on grass (grounding) or call a friend to meet for coffee/tea or food, or go to a spiritual get together and do some singing... or touching pets and playing with babies, all produce oxytocin (well being) which calms the cravings.

persona2903 and ANewFocus like this.
  9. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

That’s a really good question. I have a friend I need to call and connect with. A juice fast strains willpower and stresses me out. But I am trying to do those. I did a run tonight and that helped some. Maybe some yoga with my wife would be good.

RightEffort and persona2903 like this.
  10. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Congrats on your 20 days!!

11. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Day 206. Starting a day with a lot of activity. Yesterday, a very stressful day, exposed to "negative energies" of people a little out of control by anger and tiredness.
    The strange thing - and well - is that I am stable and without feeling much need to resort to PM as an escape! I do not declare myself healthy or trust myself, I only observe with joy this period of calm ...
    I wish you a day of strength and self-control!
    God bless you friends

Espi1971 and ANewFocus like this.
  12. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Today and yesterday have been so hard. Urges are strong. Beautiful woman in my view. Layoffs at work. I just want to escape with PMO or flirting or food. Instead I’m sitting here in these forums and preparing to meditate and pray and then do spinning class.

persona2903, RightEffort and Espi1971 like this.
  13. hey Man - good job for keeping us updated, We are watching you - you can go through this batch of temptation.

Remember temptation is not a sign of failting it is a sign of progress cause your learning to ovecome them.

Emerson says we gain the power of each temptation we overcome.

having said that for me again it comes to making this easy.

When we feel so horney it means the energy is stuck in the lower energy centers in the sexual reproduction and wants to come out in a creative form.

Also it is when we use our frontal cortext too much and this creates a sense of separation/lack - and creates chemical imbalances in the brain.

This is why cuddling, nature, and deep breathing can really help.

Have you tried WIM huf breathing alone? If a cold shower is too much try just the breathing - and then try doing an INVERSION (standing on your head and breathing deeply for the energy to go from your nuts t your head)

You can also get Dr. Joe Dispenza's Pineal gland meditation -

I'll share some links here

1. ( even if you don't do the cold shower, the breathing itself can REALLY help - it takes 10 minutes )

2. (supernatural breathing theory)

3. https://drjoedispenza.com/products/...-higher-dimensions-of-time-and-space-download (Meditation - it is a little long though takes 1.5 hrs- has a huge fb group community and many people love it )

persona2903 and Espi1971 like this.
  14. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I can’t access a lot of these links of my locked down phone. Could you send me highlights over pm please?

persona2903 likes this.
  15. Abetterfuture

Abetterfuture Fapstronaut

Had to reset my counter last week. I went into a situation knowing it was going to be difficult. I should have done something about it but didn't. I have been slacking off on my self care plan. Especially writing. I plan to get on here and write more regularly.

persona2903 and Espi1971 like this.
  16. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Well done !!!

17. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Very good decision. I want to tell you that in my experience, writing in this forum has been very helpful, as well as reading the experience of the rest of the "fellow travelers" on this journey towards a life without PM.

Espi1971 likes this.
  18. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Yesterday D82. Woke up early. I spend all the morning studying for my class (Sanctification, second part). I went to my class of the afternoon (Oh Gosh... It was so boring). After that, I went to the Church and I gave my class. I think it was good.

Today D83. Woke up early, had a breakfast (I usually haven´t it), went to my work and I gave my best there. Then, at home, I study for my next class... and finally I finish my reading of the all Bible (I started in March).

Few toughts, no dreams at all

teece and persona2903 like this.
  19. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

We had layoffs today. I made it out okay. Overate with good. But at end of day, I could have isolated or gone on date with my wife. I chose to turn outward to her, instead of inward. Trying to make the healthier connected choices when I’m under stress. I don’t have to weather it alone.

Espi1971 and persona2903 like this.
  20. MBSR

MBSR Fapstronaut

Hope everyone's having a good week so far!
    I had to reset my day counter. Feeling disappointed in myself, but I did some writing and came up with new strategies to add to my plan. My goal is to finish 2019 with no more relapses and gain some momentum going into the new year. In the past, I've had success by having a goal in mind to reach a day that's a month or two in the future, so I'll try that again.