1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Wow that is really cool. Thanks for sharing that. It reminds me of birdwatching, but on the ground with mushrooms! (Without taking the birds home with you in the end haha)

There are so many things in the world to take an interest in that most people just never really pay enough attention to. I'm glad this is working for you! Good luck with the cultivation. It sounds like fun.

Timber likes this.
  2. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Yes! The world is full of wonder! But look who I am talking to? The guy with hundreds of paintings, each a world onto itself.

discovery likes this.
  3. Cunning, baffling, and powerful are good words to use to describe addiction. This is why we need to practice mental strength and keep moving forward despite what happened yesterday. We have to train our minds so that we can overpower the addiction when it comes at us.

4. bold0101

bold0101 Fapstronaut

Tuesday check in. Been MIA, but it was a very busy holiday weekend. We had rented an excavator to dig a trench at my wife's business and knocked down a bunch of trees, so it's been busy for about a week now trimming up the trees and getting ready to split for firewood. I've been good since last week's slip up, but the busy-ness helps. When I'm not busy is when I need to be diligent. Anyway, have a great day

artifact, discovery and GottaBFree like this.
  5. bold0101

bold0101 Fapstronaut

Just realized I didn't update my counter last week!

6. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

7. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

8. EcoMunchies

EcoMunchies Fapstronaut

Quick check in. Still here, still going. Been very busy with work and family and haven’t managed to get on here as often recently. But, nearly one year into the NoFap “programme” and I know it works, even with the odd giving in to the urge. Thanks to the community that is here too!!

9. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

It is amazing how the things that happened to us as children are permanently recorded in our memory! To take into account when we interact with the youngest children in the family ...
    Thanks for the encouragement!

artifact and discovery like this.
  10. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

I had a brutal temptation to PM yesterday and the day before. I am hanging on... I think the worst is over but this was probably the strongest urge in months.

persona2903 and GottaBFree like this.
  11. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Wednesday check in, busy week!

12. Rebooter13

Rebooter13 Fapstronaut

Checking in , i had some relapses lately but now i need to wake up and come back from those dark days.So much waste of time...

artifact and GottaBFree like this.
  13. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Are you using the same techniques you use on smaller urges to get through or different stuff?

discovery likes this.
  14. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Techniques? I just hang on for dear life! I think mike Tyson said that everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

What did I do this time? I came to this website a lot. I caught myself with my hand down my pants or reading an article on some sports website knowing full well there will be some bikini ads. Then I observed this behaviour, I called it what it is, and I disengaged.

I noticed that I became brutally honest with myself. My affirmation, or prayer, or whatever you want to call it, is “I want pleasure, I want it to rule my life, I want it to consume me, but I know there will be nothing of me left. I know better and nobler pursuits. I need help. What are You, [God], going to do about it?”

I woke up this morning with no desire for PM at all.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  15. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Just don't bite anyone's ear off! Better that you relapse than bite anyone's ear off.

Timber likes this.
  16. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

I saw someone tempting to me the other day and haven't been able to stop thinking about it and did the PMO thing last night. Having a "cone of shame" moment.

NICEDUDE likes this.
  17. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

It is better to enter into the kingdom of heaven with one ear... :)

18. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

No shame at all. You are working hard at this. I’m going to give myself a little pep talk now, cause I’m in a place where I need to stay extra vigalent and motivated.

If you can figure out an idea of what will help next time you are one step closer - either you find an idea that works, or you cross another ineffective one off the list to try another lol.

I am finding more strength to live a healthier life. Going to bed a little earlier... managing my stress a little better...

Humans want things to remain the same. But we want different results without any change.

I am happy to finally start to recognize when I’m in a bad spot (like @Timber is talking about)and changing my surroundings earlier. I guess it’s not rocket science.

I don’t think I really have it all figured out yet and I will relapse soon if I start ignoring the little things... But the good news is beating PM will force me to be a healthier person in general.

Here’s to a new streak @Wolf2019

Wolf2019 and artifact like this.
  19. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

LOL

20. Nice work Timber. I just had one of the toughest days I've had in awhile too. Bad days like that sure are less often, but they still come. My "technique" is similar to yours I think - just hang on and weather the storm, but don't give in. I actually caught myself doing a google search and fishing. Luckily the words I typed in were very benign and I didn't "catch" a fish. I realized that nothing good could come from that so I tossed my phone a few feet away from me on the couch and just laid there for awhile. I've gotten quite good at fighting the urge to edge (used to do that all the time), and a few minutes went by and the urge was gone. It Kept coming back throughout the day, and each time it did, I did nothing or something and let it pass through me. What I didn't do though, was PMO.

This journey is going to be a long one. My addiction to this crap started over 20 years ago and I'm well aware that I'm going to be fighting it for some time. Part of this process, I'm realizing, is not to expect the urges or desires to never show up, but to get better and better at fighting them and not letting them overpower you. So far the biggest key for me is in trusting the ultimate simplicity of the process - Do Not Give In! Period. And do that continuously. Lay there and laugh at it when it's in you, but don't give in to it! Even let it talk to you for a minute, but always know that it's bullshit and that you're not going to do what it wants you to do.

The more time I've gone without it, the less often I find myself having to fight with it.

Wolf2019, artifact, discovery and 2 others like this.