1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Alright, that's the attitude!
    We are increasingly clearing the direction and what are the places where we will not stay!

Espi1971 likes this.
  2. Juan Carlos Morales

Juan Carlos Morales New Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group

persona2903 likes this.
  3. parad0x

parad0x Fapstronaut

Day 101.

All is well. Wrote my goals for 2020 and ready to get after it.

4. GamingNerd1234

GamingNerd1234 Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group!

persona2903 likes this.
  5. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

¡Bienvenido al grupo, Juan Carlos! Eres el miembro oficial nro. 19 y estás incorporado al ranking que figura en el post 1.
    ----
    Welcome to the group, Juan Carlos! You are the official member no. 19 and you are incorporated into the ranking in post 1.

6. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hi @GamingNerd1234 , you're in! Welcome to the group. If you want, you can introduce yourself by telling us something about yourself.

7. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

@krdt Congratulations on your blunt 100-day achievement without PM!!!It is a source of inspiration for all of us!
    [​IMG]

Espi1971 likes this.
  8. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Another congratulation to @armor for having reached
    two months, 60 days of victory in the fight!

Espi1971 and armor like this.
  9. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hi @myprocess1951 , how are you?
    We haven't known anything about you for several days ... are you alright?
    Greetings and have a great weekend!

10. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I am sober for 14 days. With layoffs at work all around me, these have been some of the hardest days to stay sober. Grateful for this group and community to check in with and stay connected on my goals.

11. you could see the lay offs as a negative thing or see it as a sign that you are the chosen one and you are blessed ;)

Keep going brother all is well.

persona2903 likes this.
  12. Update

Feeling really grateful - I don't want to lose my humility and become overconfident - had the thought I wish we could reset our counter each month and just focus on doing 12 successful 30days of NoFap instead of doing 365 day counter.

4 am waking up going really good this week.
    9:30 pm sleep not as good but 100% improvement over last week - been sleeping at 10:30 6 days per week.
    Fasting after 5pm 75% - Takes a lot of discipline to avoid having tastey things from 6pm to 9pm, this is the danger window.

Its like between 6 to 9 pm all the lonely, horney, and time waster evils come out of the woodworks.

lastly, Fridays i find are one of the hardest days - Friday s also happens to be the highest crime rate. Specially friday nights.

its like part of me want to have some kind of an adventure, going out, meeting people, playing.

Speaking of which I know there are places called ecstatic dance, which is a non-alcoholic dance for spiritual people.

I feel like going but i also dont want to waste time, it seems hit and miss some days.

One thing to note on Fridays is to avoid mindless youtube watching -

Sometimes if its a Friday evening and a social time and I dont have anything planed or i'm just at home, its so easy to get sucked in to time-wasting on youtube, or movies, I rather just sit meditate, and wake up early - and sacrifice 'fun' and go to sleep and make the best the next day.

In the book Bhagavadgita - which is the indian version of bible - Krishna talks about how on the path to liberation and giving up sense pleasures we get tempted and miss the old fun - but if we persist and remain consistent, those cravings will vanish.

It says we find a peace and joy that is so much more valuable and consistent that compared to it the selfish pleasures of the senses are nothing interesting, but when we go through temptation we dont remember this teaching.

We think the temptations will last forever, and that we are missing out.

The fact is the real missing out is to miss out on the ecstasy of living free and happiness that is more lasting, than then temporary and unstable happiness of the sense.

persona2903, Espi1971 and ANewFocus like this.
  13. armor

armor Fapstronaut

Thanks. It has been a great journey.

persona2903, Espi1971 and ANewFocus like this.
  14. dsr81

dsr81 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Attached Files:

persona2903 and Espi1971 like this.
  15. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

Yesterday D84 Hm. Woke up early, upbeat, studied Called from God for my next class, I went to my "boring like dead" class, then Churc (thanks God for your loyalty) and then gym (I missed it... no temptation there, thank God)

Today D85 Hm. I worked in the morning, talked to another colleague for a common issue. Things are better there :) After work, in home, I was studing the Bible (I sound like a fanatic.. lol.. I don't care, I'm proud of my faith). Now I'm visiting my parents, as the older boy that I am.

persona2903, Espi1971 and RightEffort like this.
  16. Abetterfuture

Abetterfuture Fapstronaut

I was on travel this week for work, which in the past has been a common time for me to use P. I did good and made it through. I have been getting into ice skating lately and am really enjoying it. It has been good for exercise and for a confidence boost.

persona2903, Espi1971 and RightEffort like this.
  17. persona2903 and Espi1971 like this.
  18. Deep gratitude for this group -

On my own I was struggling to make it to 7 days - the past few weeks really felt smooth and I could not have done it in the same way without you guys - thank you for choosing to honor your soul's calling regardless of your temptations and urges.

persona2903 and ANewFocus like this.
  19. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I feel the same way. Being able to read your posts helps.

persona2903 and RightEffort like this.
  20. Only 32 years old here...wish I could join this group but seeing as how it's 35 and older, guess I can't :(

ANewFocus likes this.