1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I have a friend who masturbates regularly and claims to be religious

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

I am really confused how it can be possible? I mean, most religions condemn masturbation and his one probably does too but i don't know how he can even pray to god whole-heatedly being involved in such degrading habit. He also told me he never feel guilty about it and it makes me him feel good and relaxed.

Flyhigh likes this.
  2. Russwillstop

Russwillstop New Fapstronaut

Every religion has its own view regarding masturbation as a matter of fact Islam considers masturbating as a way to avoid having sex before the marriage

3. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

really? i thought Islam consider it haram, that's what i heard from a muslim friend and i have also read about it on various sites too. Even according to wikipedia, fapping is considered sin in their religion. Check "religious views on masturbation" wiki, almost all religion consider it sinful.

Flyhigh likes this.
  4. I am catholic and in catholic religion masturbation is not allowed, is a mortal sin. But there are a lot of misguided priests and theologians telling absolut nonsense of christian religion, meaning to be entitled to allow everything including every sexual activity. I had and have some christian collegues and friends who consider themselves as christian but did or do not care of christian sexual restriction or do not know them (cause nobody teached them), they live their sexuality as there were no rules.

Sure, everyone will be judged corresponding to what they thought by doing, whether it was right or wrong. So it is not me to condemn anybody. But the Bible and the Koran contain a lot of sexual rules. Everyone who is part of a religion should obey the sexual rules of their religion, because it is an important part. And obey does not mean to ask a theologian from whom is wished to get a libertarian statement, it means to be honest, to make a good research, to read the respecitve standards (for example for catholics: the catechimse in http://w2.vatican.va), to have the will to obey to God whatever God wants. And that is why I am here at nofap (thanks to this site, thanks to God guiding one great person building this site!)

5. Russwillstop

Russwillstop New Fapstronaut

I'm an ATHEIST, I have no fear of God and I'm not here for the reason to obey God's will. I'm here because I know a lot of negative sides of M'ing which do not allow me to live a healthy life.

6. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Either his religion allows it, or he likes doing it so much that he's convinced himself it's alright (I myself did this for a certain period of time in my life).

7. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

He's a sikh and from what i believe, it's even stricter than Hinduism. Both have many similarities and in Hinduism sexual activity is only allowed in a Heterosexual marriage with your partner. if you had no side effects and felt it's normal without any sense of guilt then how can you even reach 400+ days with such mindset?

8. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I said I had it during a certain time in my life. I never said it was during my reboot. :cool: It wasn't, it was years ago. And of course I had side effects, but I wasn't yet aware that they were because of PMO.